If you have questions or concerns about Obamacare, you are not alone. But if you live in the Austin, Texas area and have questions about Obamacare (The Affordable Healthcare Act) there is a local resource you can contact. Talk to us at Dean Davis Insurance. Here, we have a health insurance expert in house who can answer your questions and help guide you to your best options.
We have teamed up with onlinehealthexchange.com to make sure you get the best coverage at the best price possible. Now you don’t need to deal with your questions on your own. If you want to maximize your coverage under the new healthcare act, contact our expert at Dean Davis Insurance. We have always felt that our real product is peace of mind and security and that is the case with your healthcare. Contact us today and let us help you get the healthcare you deserve.
Dean Davis Insurance of Austin, Texas has been serving the region since 1969. We would be proud to assist you.
With the introduction of turkey fryers, more people are enjoying the succulent taste of deep fried turkey on Thanksgiving. At the same time, deep frying requires that you take proper precautions to ensure a safe, accident-free cooking experience. If you’re using a turkey fryer for the first time, you may want to consider the following Thanksgiving safety tips for your festive occasion.
- Set up your turkey fryer in a safe outdoor location away from your home and combustible materials.
- Make sure your fryer is placed on a stable, flat surface to keep it from wobbling or tipping.
- Thaw your turkey completely before cooking.
- Use the proper amount of oil in your fryer; overfilling can cause oil spillage, increasing the risk of fire.
- Never leave your fryer unattended when in use; always keep a watchful eye on your cooking to reduce potential accidents.
- Keep children and pets away from your fryer setup during cooking and afterwards as the oil will stay hot long after you’re done.
- Always use protective oven mitts or insulated potholders when handling your fryer to avoid getting burned.
These safety precautions can help you protect your loved ones and home during the Thanksgiving holidays. For more information on home safety or to inquire about homeowners insurance coverage in the Austin, TX, area, contact Dean Davis Insurance.
Every year water damage accounts for millions of dollars’ worth of damage to residential properties. Standard homeowners insurance will cover damage to your home due to rainstorms, winter ice and burst pipes. You can also purchase additional coverage for drain and sewer backups.
However, there’s much you can do to protect your home from water leakage and damage. Regular home maintenance can help avert damage from water seepage, sewer backup, leaky faucets, etc. Inside your home, you should inspect kitchen and bathroom faucets regularly and fix leaks as they arise. Inspect hoses to major household appliances such as washers, refrigerators and dishwashers to ensure they are not leaking into your cabinets, walls or floors. If you’re going on vacation, be sure to turn off your water supply during your absence.
Prevent outside water from leaking inside by sealing your windows and replacing broken glass. Regularly inspect your roof for damaged shingles that can allow water to leak through. Clear out your gutters and outside drains to avoid rainwater backing up and have water guards installed to protect your roof gutter from becoming clogged.
These simple precautions can protect your home from water damage and save money on insurance costs. For more home protection ideas or information on homeowners insurance in Austin, Texas, contact Dean Davis Insurance.
Preparing your home for winter can help protect your investment and stop future problems. The non-profit Insurance Information Institute has some suggestions for you as we get closer to the winter months.
Clean your gutters. Gutters accumulate just about anything you can imagine and they won’t flow easily unless they are cleaned. Take the time to make sure your gutters and downspouts are clear.
Trim your trees and remove dead branches. Heavy snow or ice covered branches will break easily and can damage to your home or car. Now is the time to remove branches that can cause trouble in the coming months.
Test your smoke detectors. This is a critical time to make sure they are in perfect working order.
Learn where to shut your water off. Sounds simple enough but knowing where to shut off the main source of water can save thousands in damages should your pipes freeze.
Dean Davis Insurance has been serving Texas since 1969. Located in Austin, contact us if you would like a quote on your homeowners or other types of insurance.
Before purchasing homeowners insurance, you should research your options carefully to ensure you get the coverage you need. Standard policies offer a certain level of coverage from disasters; however, you may need to customize your coverage to meet your particular needs.
Under most standard policies, you can expect protection from the following disasters.
- Fire and lightning
- Tornado damage
- Windstorm and hail
- Winter storms
- Smoke damage
- Riot and civil disturbance
- Vehicle and aircraft damage
- Volcanic eruption
The extent of protection you get will depend on the amount of coverage you buy.
Flood and earthquake coverage are not covered by standard homeowners policies. If you live in an area where floods or earthquakes are prevalent, you would be wise to obtain a separate policy for this coverage.
Another area that is not covered under a standard policy is maintenance damage. As a homeowner, you are responsible to maintain your property so that it does not suffer damage due to lack of care. If your property suffers damage due to lack of proper maintenance, you may very well have to pick up the tab yourself.
By being aware of your insurance coverage, you can be assured of getting the protection you need. For more information on homeowners insurance coverage in the Austin, Texas, area, contact Dean Davis Insurance.
The need for different types of insurance changes as you move through life. Here are five stages of life and what you should think about in each.
- The 20’s. Make sure you have sufficient life insurance policies to cover student loans and other debts. If married, you’ll want to look into disability insurance.
- The 30’s. You need to make sure child care expenses are covered and you have income replacement insurance. Consider your children’s college education.
- The 40’s. Here you need to take a serious look at your retirement plans and long-term care.
- The 50’s. This is when you change from being the provider to concerning yourself to being provided for. Long term coverage, retirement and your legacy begin to take shape.
- The 60’s. This is the decade of estate planning, non-profit legacies, and providing for the children and grandchildren you will eventually leave behind.
Getting covered through all of these stages is easy when you contact us at Dean Davis Insurance. We proudly serve the Austin, Texas area and will be glad to assist you.