No matter how busy you get, it is imperative that you conduct basic car maintenance to keep your car running longer. Longevity of your car is directly dependent on the level of attention you give it. Many motorists partake in a few bad habits that can actually decrease a car’s lifespan, including:
- While you may be viewing your failure to regularly wash your car as a simple vanity issue, it is much more dangerous than that. When you wash your car regularly, you prevent oxidized paint, rust, and corrosion. While bird droppings may be ugly on your car, they can actually be extremely damaging to your car as well. We suggest setting a day each month where you at least get all the grime off of your car with a hose.
- Many people fail to give the fluids in their car much needed attention. All fluids including engine oil and coolant can easily be topped off by the average Joe. Simply refer to your owner’s manual to determine exactly how much fluid your car needs.
- While you may be inclined to only worry about your tires when you run over a nail or when your mechanic tells you it is time to replace them, they need much more attention than that. Even new cars require regular upkeep to ensure that the tire pressure is accurate.
- It is important that you change the air filter in your car on a regular basis to maximize both fuel economy and your car’s acceleration performance.
- Make sure that you are giving the belts and hoses of your car attention, and replacing them before their wear down to dangerous levels.
Contact Dean Davis Insurance in Austin for all of your Texas auto insurance needs. With years of experience in Austin auto insurance, we can guarantee that your car will be receiving sufficient coverage all year long.
If it seems like you keep getting busier and busier and time management is impossible, think again. That device in your hand can be a lifesaver! Many individuals fail to take advantage of the abundant smartphone applications that can actually keep you on task and organized. We have gone through all of the productivity applications and provided you with a list of the top apps:
- Things – (Apple Compatible) – This smartphone application will make even the most stressful tasks easier to complete. All you need to do is simply input your tasks, no matter how simple or complex, and the application will give you a breakdown of the tasks into realistic steps for completion. You set the deadline for each task. Are you one of the many individuals who works on their iPad while out of the office, their iPhone while home, and their iMac while in the office? No need to worry! Things will automatically sync to all of your Apple devices.
- RescueTime – (Mac/PC Compatible) – Are you one of the many individuals who finds themselves lost on the internet after searching for one thing? The internet can so easily distract us for hours, and then we realize none of our work has been completed. This smartphone application will track your digital work and provide you with graphs and tables describing your internet usage. When you see exactly how much time you waste procrastinating on the internet, you will better be able to control your habits.
- Mindnode – (Apple Compatible) – Do you ever feel like you have so many ideas you cannot figure out where to start? “Mind-mapping” is a form of brainstorming your ideas into a concise map that will organize all of your ideas. This smartphone application will organize all of your ideas for you and lay them out for you to see.
We encourage you to take advantage of one of these amazing productivity boosting smartphone applications and start getting productive! Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas insurance needs.
Since you spent months, maybe even years, searching for the home of your dreams, it only makes sense to protect that beautiful home with a comprehensive homeowners’ insurance policy. Many homeowners are surprised to find out that there are a variety of factors that increase the premium rates of their homeowners’ insurance policy, including:
- Insurance companies will likely raise your rates if you have one of the famous attractive, but dangerous nuisances in your home. These include swimming pools, dogs, trampolines, zip lines, tree houses, and more. Sadly, the commonality of dog bite claims means you will likely have a spike in your homeowners’ insurance premium if you adopt a furry friend. Likewise, the amount of pool accidents that occur each year is astoundingly high, therefore, expect a bump in your premium.
- If you decide to conduct a home renovation project with questionable structural design, you may notice an increase in your homeowners’ insurance premium. This may include a wood burning stove or risky wiring.
- If you conduct business from your home, you will likely see an increase in your premium. Depending on your particular business operations of your home-based business, you may even need to purchase a separate insurance policy all together for coverage.
- If you have any particularly expensive assets on your hands, such as collectable art or high-end jewelry, you may need additional insurance for coverage. Those expensive items put you at risk for burglaries and will influence your insurance premium.
- Neighborhood trends may also affect how much you pay for your homeowners’ insurance. For instance, if multiple homes in your neighborhood are burglarized this summer, your home becomes more of a risk.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas homeowners’ insurance needs. As your biggest investment, your home deserves comprehensive protection. Allow us to provide you with the peace of mind knowing your home is receiving the best coverage.
We all know that getting a speeding ticket can be expensive, but many motorists forget the insurance implications of receiving a ticket. Since you have proven to be a risk taker by speeding, insurance companies will raise your insurance rates in order to provide you with sufficient coverage. If you think about it, those who have a tendency to speed are more likely to get in car accidents. Therefore, it only makes sense that you would pay more for auto insurance.
How long your speeding ticket stays on your record and continues to influence your auto insurance premium is dependent upon your particular state’s rules. Your speeding ticket can stay on your record anywhere from one year to three years. Depending on how fast you were going to receive the speeding ticket, the violation may stay on your record even when the points are removed. Therefore, insurance companies can see your reckless driving habits even a few years from now.
Many drivers are given the opportunity to take a defensive driving course or traffic school to remove the speeding ticket from their record. This option is typically only offered after a motorists’ first offense. If you are given the option, it is highly recommended that you take a defensive driving course. This course will not only clean up your driving record, but it will also reintroduce very important driving habits that may make you an overall better driver.
To avoid escalated insurance rates and paying the fines of a speeding ticket, simply refrain from speeding. When you speed, you put both yourself and others at risk for serious harm.
You deserve a comprehensive auto insurance policy that will offer you sufficient protection on the road. Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas auto insurance needs. We can help you receive discounts that will lessen the effects of a speeding ticket on your insurance premium.