Now that the weather has cooled down for fall, it is the perfect time to attend fun, local events with all of your friends. Make sure to mark your calendar for these exciting events this weekend.
The Texas Book Festival is going on October 25th and 26th, and is the perfect event for anyone that enjoys a good book and hanging out with like-minded people. The book festival is free to the public and takes place at the State Capitol. The two-day festival has many literary events, such as cocktails with authors, bike ride with authors, and a literary pub-crawl. There are also many other fun activities and events to keep the whole family entertained, including food trucks, live music, family activities, and more! As one of the most prestigious and largest literary festivals in the country, people of all ages are sure to enjoy every minute spent there!
If you are looking for more adult activities to enjoy, make sure to check out Austin Beer Week 2014. The week starts on October 24th and goes through November 2nd to ensure that you are able to taste all of the delicious craft beers. The 10-day event is full of many fun activities, including daily tastings, beer and food pairings, beer dinners, and more at different venues throughout the area. There will also be contests, festivals, and educational experiences to enjoy. The venues and times change each day, so make sure to stay up to date with all the latest news about Austin Beer Week to ensure that you do not miss out!
Dean Davis Insurance in Austin, Texas would like to invite you and your loved ones to both of these fun and exciting events this fall.
Homes and water simply do not mix well. Whether you experience flooding after a storm or flooding from a burst pipe, your home will not be happy, and depending on the insurance policies you hold, you may not be a happy camper either. Despite popular homeowner disbelief, your homeowners’ insurance policy has clear definitions for water damage and flood damage, which will determine your coverage.
Nearly all homeowners’ insurance policies specifically exclude coverage for flood damages that result from outside sources. Your homeowners’ insurance policy will only cover water damage, which is defined as damage from water that never sees the outdoors. Therefore, if your home floods after heavy rains, you will not receive coverage without a flood insurance policy. Depending on the magnitude of the damage, you may be left with hefty bills to repair your home.
Similarly, your homeowners’ insurance policy will have clear definitions for whether or not they cover mold damage in your home. Defining factors are similar to water damage and flood damage in that your homeowners’ insurance policy will only cover mold damage that is caused by water damage, not flood damage. However, if you failed to fix a burst pipe for 5 months which resulted in a mold invasion, your homeowners’ insurance policy will likely refuse coverage. In the event that your home experiences a mold invasion after a flood hits your neighborhood, you will not receive coverage at all.
As a homeowner, it is your responsibility to be knowledgeable in the coverage options of your homeowners’ insurance policy. If you are realizing that you may not know exactly what is covered, allow us to clear things up with a review of your current policy!
Contact Dean Davis Insurance in Austin for all of your Texas homeowners’ insurance needs. We can help ensure that you have sufficient coverage with a homeowners’ insurance policy and flood insurance policy. You can finally feel confident in your home’s safety.
Choosing a life insurance beneficiary is a careful process that requires careful planning and consideration. With so many different types of life insurance policies, you will first need to decide between a whole life insurance policy and a term life insurance policy. The next step is to designate your life insurance beneficiary. Once appointed, your life insurance beneficiary takes on a variety of responsibilities, therefore, you must make the right decision. Gathered are some helpful tips to guide you in choosing a life insurance beneficiary:
- The first step is choosing which individuals in your life you want to assist financially once you pass. This may include your spouse, your children, or even your grandchildren.
- Many life insurance holders are unaware that you can actually choose a legal agreement, or trust, to be your beneficiary. It does not have to be a person. Your trust will ensure that all money is dispersed according to your wishes.
- Many life insurance holders fail to think about how appointing someone as a beneficiary will affect their lives. If this person is receiving government benefits, their new responsibility and their monetary gain may exclude them from receiving those benefits.
- It is always smart to appoint a secondary, or contingent beneficiary in case something happens to the other one. Accidents happen, therefore, you must take into consideration what would happen if you outlived your beneficiary.
- Most importantly, be sure to review and update your policy at least on an annual basis. Whenever you experience an impactful life changing event, be sure to inform your life insurance agent so that they can update your policy accordingly.
Contact Dean Davis Insurance in Austin for all of your Texas life insurance needs. We understand how unnerving of a subject life insurance can be, which is why we will promise to guide you through each step of the process and assist whenever needed.
Unfortunately, the average American lives such a busy lifestyle that they are willing to just sign the paperwork of all insurance policies as recommended by their agent. However, in order to receive optimal peace of mind in your home, health, car, and life, you must have the right insurance policies in place. Proper coverage can mean the difference between financial ruin and smooth recovery when an accident occurs. Gathered is a list of some common insurance mistakes many people make, and how to avoid them:
- Many homeowners who have experienced a drop in their home’s market value think that as a result, they should mirror their homeowners’ insurance coverage. However, this can prove to be consequential. This mistake could leave you in financial ruin since your policy will no longer cover the amount it would take to rebuild after a disaster.
- While you may be inclined to work with any insurance company who has the best price, this may result in regret in the future. You want to find the best price, but with the right insurance provider who will be there with you through each claim and each renewal.
- Many homeowners fail to purchase flood insurance for a variety of reasons. Whether you think that your homeowners’ insurance policy already covers flood damage, or you feel that flood insurance is unnecessary because you live in a dry area, you will likely regret this decision once a flood arrives. Floods are known for wreaking havoc in neighborhoods that do not usually experience flood conditions.
- While you may think the state has put in place the minimum required auto liability insurance because it is a sufficient amount, it is likely not going to suffice. If you are involved in a multi-vehicle car accident, the minimum liability amounts will likely leave you with a hefty amount of out-of-pocket expenses.
- Whenever you are renting, you must purchase renters insurance. This is an inexpensive insurance policy that provides you with optimal protection from a variety of perils.
Contact Dean Davis Insurance in Austin for all of your Texas insurance needs. These very common insurance mistakes are preventable if you have the right insurance policies through Dean Davis Insurance.