New Year’s Safety Tips
As the 2014 year comes to an end, it is the perfect time to get out your party clothes and plan for all of your holiday festivities. No matter how you decide to ring in 2015, it is important to make sure you know how to stay safe. Keep these New Year’s safety tips in mind to ensure that your New Year does not end in disaster or a DUI.
- Have a designated driver – if you have a friend who does not enjoy drinking, ask them to be your designated driver. Make sure that your designated driver stays sober the entire night since just one drink can affect their driving ability.
- Stay close to home – if you live in an area that has plenty of fun restaurants and bars, consider walking to your favorite place. If you do choose to walk, make sure that you wear light colored clothing and follow all of the traffic lights.
- Use public transportation – public transportation is very inexpensive and will take you throughout the city. As an added bonus, many cities offer free public transit on New Year’s Eve.
- Call a cab – if you split the cost of a cab between you and your friends, it will be very cheap. In addition, a cab will pick you up at your house and drop your off at the exact location of your party.
- Look for free services – there are many services that are free on New Year’s Eve to help ensure that you get home safely. AAA offers free rides home in many cities across the country. Call your local AAA to see if you can benefit from a free ride.
All of us at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas would like to wish you and your family a happy and safe New Year, and would like to thank you for allowing us to provide you with all of your insurance needs.
Important Business Insurance Endorsements
Having the right business insurance policies is the best way to ensure that you and your business are protected from any unfortunate situation. With all of the coverage options that are available, it can be stressful and confusing making sure that you have the right amount of coverage. Consider these commonly overlooked commercial business endorsements that can help provide extra protection for your business.
- Restoration period coverage – most people underestimate the amount of time it will take to get up and running after a loss. Investing in enough coverage for the restoration period can help to make sure that you are not financially devastated after a loss.
- Increased limits for peak months – check to make sure that you have the right amount of coverage for your busiest months. With the increased number of customers during your peak months, there is more of a chance that an accident will occur. Consider increasing your limits to ensure that you are protected when you are busiest.
- Leasehold interest coverage – if a lease is terminated due to a covered event, leaseholder interest coverage will cover the remaining cost of the lease. This can help ensure that you are not financially devastated after renovating and improving your property, and then are forced out.
- Transit coverage – if you ship any goods, transit coverage will provide coverage if your goods are damaged or lost. Most transit coverage options are very inexpensive and will provide enough coverage for any situation. If you ship large quantities of goods, you may want to consider a blanket policy that will provide extra coverage.
For all of your commercial business insurance needs to ensure that you are protected in any situation, contact the insurance experts at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas.
With the holidays just around the corner, you may find yourself planning a holiday party for all of your friends and family. While planning your party, it is important to make sure that you are protected from any unfortunate event with the right insurance policy. As the host of a holiday party, you can be held responsible for any actions of your guests once they leave your home, especially if you serve alcohol.
As a party host, there are many situations that you may be found liable. If one of your guests leaves your party intoxicated and gets into a car accident, you can be found liable for any damages that are caused. You can also be found liable for situations that occur at the party, like if a guest slips and falls in your home or becomes ill after eating the food that you serve.
When it comes to protection, the right insurance policies are the best guard. Your homeowners’ insurance policy will typically provide enough coverage for common party incidents. Before you start planning your holiday party, make sure to talk with your insurance agent to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage.
In addition to your homeowners’ insurance policy, you should also consider investing in a personal umbrella policy. An umbrella policy will provide extra liability needed if the liability of your homeowners insurance policy runs out. An umbrella policy will only kick in once the liability limits of all your other insurance policies are exceeded.
For all of your homeowners and umbrella insurance needs, contact the insurance professionals at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of protection for all of your holiday parties.
The holiday season is in full swing, which means it is time to check out all the exciting December holiday events in your local area. Make sure to mark your calendar for all of these events that the whole family can enjoy.
The 25th Annual Lights Spectacular started on November 28th, and is running until January 1, 2015. Lights Spectacular is known as “the Centerpiece of one of the biggest shows on the Texas Hill County Regional Christmas Lighting Trail.” Each year, the entire town is covered in more than 100,000 lights on the Blanco County Courthouse and over 1 million lights at the Electric Coop’s Headquarters.
The Holiday Wine Trail starts on December 5th and runs until December 21st. The 10 daylong event allows you to explore the different wineries in the Texas Hill Country. Each ticket includes up to 3 complimentary tastings per winery, a holiday ornament, and discounts of many delicious wines.
You will not want to miss A Charlie Brown Christmas at The Paramount and State Theatre on December 6th. The performance features the music of Vince Guaraldi, and is sure to be a new holiday tradition for your family. A live orchestra will perform all the original music from the TV holiday classic.
Bring the whole family to Zilker Metropolitan Park on December 7th and enjoy the annual Trail of Lights. The holiday tradition started in 1965 and has grown to include over a mile of lights, fun, entertainment, and food that people of all ages will enjoy.
The Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin, Texas would like to invite you and your family out to enjoy all of these exciting events!