Insurance Coverage Basics
Millions of Americans are living in homes with multiple generations of their family. While this may not be an uncommon situation, it may create a special situation for your home insurance policy. Knowing how to protect your home and family with the right home insurance coverage can help to ensure that you are covered from any situation that you may face.
- Personal property coverage – with more people living in one house, it means that there will be more belongings to cover. You should consider increasing the personal property portion of your homeowners insurance policy, and updating your home inventory to make sure that you have the coverage that you deserve.
- Dwelling coverage – if you have added on any additions to your house to better accommodate your family, you will need to increase the dwelling coverage of your homeowners insurance policy. The more square footage your home has, the more protection you will need to make sure that you will be able to rebuild your home if it is a complete loss.
- Flood insurance – while your homeowners insurance policy will provide coverage for many perils, it will not provide any coverage for rising waters. With the recent floods all over the state, it has never been more important to make sure that you are covered with the right flood insurance policy.
- Umbrella insurance – even if you increase all of your insurance policies, it still may not provide enough coverage. With new lawsuits filed every day, your chances of being sued for any issue continues to rise. A personal umbrella insurance policy will provide the extra liability insurance coverage that you need to protect your family and finances from any accident.
For all of your insurance coverage needs, contact Dean Davis Insurance in Austin, Texas. As an independent insurance agency, we will work with you to make sure that all of your insurance policies are working their best for your needs.
Keep Austin Weird Fest and 5K
There is no place in the world quite like Austin, and we like it that way! To help embrace all that makes Austin special, you will not want to miss out on the Keep Austin Weird Fest and 5K. Make sure to mark your calendar for June 27th so that you do not miss out on one of the most looked forward to events in the area.
The Fest will start at 1:30 p.m. at The Long Center Grounds. Tickets for the event are just $12 for adults, and children 12 and under are free. For every pass that is sold, $1 will be donated to the Capital Area Food Bank, which helps to feed thousands of people in need in the community. All the funds that are raised from the celebrity dunking booth, which will be filled with Stubb’s BBQ Sauce this year, will also go towards the Capital Area Food Bank. You can also bring a canned food donation when you come to the event to donate!
The 5K will start at 7 p.m. at Riverside Drive that is North of The Long Center Grounds. The 5K is the slowest run on the planet, and everyone is invited to dress up in their weirdest costume to run around the city. There are 10 outrageous stops on the route to help slow you down even more! Tickets for the run are $25 for adults and $15 for kids.
Dean Davis Insurance in Austin, Texas would like to invite you and your family out to enjoy all that the Keep Austin Weird Fest and 5K has to offer this year!
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Options
With the early spring flood waters receded, it is the perfect time to start enjoying the warm weather by jumping on your motorcycle! Before you strap on your helmet and buckle your boots, it is important to make sure that you are covered with the right motorcycle insurance policy. Keep these coverage basics in mind when looking for the right coverage for your specific needs.
- Collision – if you are involved in an accident with another vehicle, the collision portion of your motorcycle insurance policy will pay for the damages to your bike, after you pay your deductible.
- Liability – any property damage or personal injury that you cause to another person during an accident that is your fault, your liability coverage will cover the cost of the medical bills or repair bills. It is important to keep in mind that your liability coverage will not provide any protection for your own injuries or bike.
- Comprehensive – sometimes known as “other than collision” coverage, comprehensive coverage will pay for any damages that are done to your bike in an incident other than an accident, such as theft, fire, or falling objects.
- Personal injury protection – also known as PIP, this coverage will pay for the medical bills of you and any passengers who are injured during an accident, no matter who is found to be at fault. It will also pay for any funeral costs or lost wages that are incurred during the accident. Keep in mind that it will not provide any coverage for injuries that you cause to other drivers.
When looking for the right motorcycle insurance coverage, contact the insurance professionals at Dean Davis Insurance in Austin, Texas. We will work with you to make sure that you have the protection that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.
Prepare For Your Life Insurance Medical Exam
When you are looking for the right life insurance coverage, it is not uncommon for your insurance company to require a medical exam. While they may seem bothersome, they help your insurance company gather important information that they need to decide on your insurance premiums. In general, the healthier you are, the lower your premiums will be. Consider these common issues that may show up in your medical exam that can make you look unhealthier than you really are.
- False positives – if your medical exam will include a drug test, there are some foods that you should stay away from to ensure that you do not get a false positive. Drinking tea that contains coca leaves can lead to a false positive for cocaine, while eating poppy seeds can make you test positive for opiates.
- Temporary high blood pressure – you may want to skip on your morning coffee before you head to your medical exam. Having too much caffeine before your exam can make your blood pressure seem like it is much higher than it actually is.
- Dehydration – make sure to drink plenty of fluids beforehand so that you can give a good urine exam. When your body does not have enough water, it will not feel or look as healthy as it really is.
- Drinking and smoking – alcohol and cigarettes can show up as depressants and stimulants on your medical exam, which could be indicators of more serious kidney problems. Avoid drinking or smoking before your exam to help keep your numbers where they should be.
When looking for the right life insurance policy that will best fit with your needs, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.