Worker’s compensation insurance is meant to provide your employee’s with protection if they are ever injured while on the job. Even if you take all the proper precautions to keep your employees safe, there is always a chance that they will be injured at work. Some of the most common workplace injuries that you should guard against at your company include:
- Overexertion – which occurs when an employee pulls, lifts, pushes, or throws something which leads to an injury. An overexertion injury occurs when a joint is forced to move beyond its normal range of motion or when a muscle is pulled.
- Fall to a lower level – which typically occurs when an employee falls off a roof, ladder, or falls down a flight of stairs. This can include roofers falling off a roof, or a teacher falling down stairs.
- Slips, trips, and falls – most of these worker’s compensation claims when an employee slips on a wet floor, or on a snowy walkway.
- Bodily reaction – which occurs when an employee slips or trips, does not fall, but is still injured from the incident, such as a sprained or twisted ankle. This can happen at any time, anywhere on the company grounds.
- Struck by an object – which most commonly happens when something is dropped by another employee who is on a lower level, or when something falls off a shelf.
- Machinery accidents – these claims are most commonly reported in cases where large, heavy machinery causes injury to an employee by mutilating or crushing a part of their body. These accidents can have very steep medical cost ramifications.
For all of your commercial insurance needs to ensure that your employees are protected with the right worker’s comp. insurance policy, contact the independent insurance professionals at the Insurance Agency if Dean Davis in Austin, Texas.