Before you install a pool in your back garden, ensure that you’re adding up all of the expenses involved.
Although we’re only in February, the summer will be here before we know it! Here in Austin, Texas, our summer temperatures have been known to skyrocket, causing exhaustive heat to all of us.
Many homeowners are already preparing to cool off in the summer sun by installing a new pool, now! A pool provides summer enjoyment, a perfect way to cool down, and is viable in almost any back garden! What’s not to love, you ask? Despite the fun a pool brings, it also entails a stack of bills and expenses.
Before you start redecorating the backyard and hiring contractors, take a look at some of the costs that a swimming pool brings.
- Installation – Your location, pool size, materials, and more can affect the price tag. This can cost anywhere from $25,000 to $50,000.
- Insurance premium – Quite simply, your liability risk increases as guests can injure themselves while using your pool. Even if someone doesn’t have permission to use your pool, you can still be held liable.
- Home value – When looking to resell your home, a pool attracts those who love pools and those who don’t want the upkeep of the pool or have concerns for kids. In short, you shouldn’t add a pool to your home to add value.
- Upkeep – Even when your pool is up and running, costs will continue. These costs include chemicals, equipment, resurfacing, a utility bill increase, and professionals to fix issues.
- Whole new world – To deck out your pool, you may decide to add lounge chairs, a new BBQ, pool toys, lighting, new landscaping… The list can go on!
If a pool is financially feasible for you, it’s a great way to make lasting memories with family and friends! For the best homeowners insurance that is tailored to your home and finances, contact the Insurance Agency in Dean Davis, located in Austin, Texas!