Whip up these delicious vegetarian burgers for your celebrations!
Celebrations for the 4th of July are right around the corner, and we all know that that means barbeques are coming out and beer is chilling in the fridge. If you’re hosting a neighborhood party, colleague gathering, or even just enjoying the day with your family, be sure to add these healthy burgers to the menu.
Serve this meatless black bean burger on a run with hot sauce, lettuce, and tomato!
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained (or about 1½ cups)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon chunky salsa
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, divided gluten free if necessary
- Olive oil, for browning burgers
- Add all ingredients plus ¼ cup of the bread crumbs to a food processor. Process for 45-60 seconds, until all ingredients are blended together, but still a little bit chunky. Transfer mixture to a medium sized bowl and refrigerate for about ten minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs. Form mixture into patties. You will get about 6 patties, depending on the size you make them. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and place black bean burgers on. Refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Cook the burgers for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until crisp and heated through. Top with your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
From the insurance professionals, we hope that you enjoy these delicious veggie burgers on your 4th of July celebrations! So that you can thoroughly enjoy the day, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas to get started on your tailored policies.
Summer is almost here – it’s time to enjoy the seasonal food!
Get ready to wow some taste buds! This seasonal pasta salad will be a hit at any summer party or spring cookout. As a dish that compliments all others, this recipe is sure to please and impress your guests.
You may be turning to this recipe more than once this summer, so check it out below:
- 1 lb pasta
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ cups haricots verts (green beans), chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 6-8 spring onions, using the white + light green parts
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 tbs almond milk
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs water
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt + pepper
- From the spring onions, take the white bulb + ½ inch above bulb, where it starts to turn light green. Roughly chop, and combine with all other ingredients in a high-speed blender. Mix until the vinaigrette has a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Cook pasta according to directions. When finished cooking, drain and set aside to cool.
- Chop tomatoes and haricots verts, mixing each with pasta once it has cooled.
- Finely chop kale, and combine 1 cup with pasta salad.
- When pasta and veggies are mixed, drizzle generously with vinaigrette.
- Serve and enjoy!
From the insurance professionals at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, we hope that you enjoy this summer recipe! For all of your insurance needs in Austin, Texas, contact us today!
There are easy changes that you can make right now to enhance your quality of life.
In our day-to-day lives, it’s easy to miss the forest for the trees. We can overlook some of the smaller, simpler things that can boost our happiness levels. Fortunately, you don’t need to make sweeping, dramatic changes to make your days happier and more meaningful! Improving your life can happen one step at a time – and one small change at a time!
Make the decision to jump on these changes to enhance your life!
- Step outside. Walking each day can reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and some cancers. AND it is literally a breath of fresh air. Need we say more?
- Learn to read nutrition labels. It’s important to understand what you’re putting into your body on a regular basis. In addition, it may open to your eyes to certain chemicals, meaning you’ll avoid certain foods in the future.
- Make your bed every morning. This simple habit mentally prepares you to wake up, focus, and start the day!
- Do something nice for others. No time is ever wasted when you’re using it to do something kind for someone else.
- Accept help. Don’t shut out the world when you need help the most. When we rely on others for help, we embed ourselves in the community.
- Make time for yourself. Whether this time is dedicated to working out, meditating, or reading your favorite book, it’s important to schedule time to relieve stress and maintain focus.
- Don’t live in the past. If you dwell on the past mistakes, they will continue to hinder your future. You’ll never truly be able to gain self-confidence and learn from your mistakes. Let the past be the past. Instead, focus on your future goals!
Are you ready to improve your overall quality of life? So that you can start focusing on what really matters, let the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis take care of your personal and commercial insurance needs. Contact us for all of your policies within the Austin, Texas area.
Prep your garden for summer during National Garden Month.
Spring is in the air and that means sunny days and fresh, blooming flowers! Many active gardeners and beginner horticulturists make this the time to get their garden looking summer-ready! During April, otherwise known as National Garden Month, you have the perfect opportunity to manicure your lawn, plant the flowers, and freshen the soil!
To get your garden looking its best during National Garden Month, read on for top tips!
- Mow the lawn – This is the easiest way to get your garden looking neat.
- Remove leaves – Remove dead, damaged, and diseased branches from trees to clear up your garden.
- Know your region – Determine where you want to start planting by finding the best patch of soil in your garden. Consider everything from the climate to sun exposure.
- Test the soil – Invest in a soil testing kit to read your garden’s pH and nutrient levels. If your soil is hard or clay-like, it will be difficult for most plants to grow. In this case, add fresh soil, mulch, and compost.
- Start with low-maintenance – Growing vegetables is a fun introduction to gardening as they are quick to grow and easy to maintain. Early success can be encouraging, causing you to move on to more complicated plants.
- Create a plan – Research your plants first to know exactly how big they will get and how to space them out accordingly. Shorter and creeping ones should be planted toward the front and edges of the garden bed, with the taller plants in the back.
- Keep a notebook – Jot down your dreams or inspiration for the garden to keep you motivated to continue. This is also a great way to keep track of garden activity.
- Water accordingly – Give a consistent and ample amount of water. The water will vary from plant to plant.
- Have patience – Remember that Rome wasn’t built in a day!
Now that your home and garden are looking in tip-top shape from spring cleaning and spring gardening, be sure to acquire the protection that it deserves. Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas to get started on your tailored homeowners insurance today!