Most people do not consider insurance the most riveting topic of conversation. However, not talking about insurance can lead to you not fully understanding all the benefits that your policies offer. Know the truth behind these insurance policy myths to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage.
- Insurance is a waste of money – if you ever have to deal with a loss, you will be glad that you have insurance. Without insurance coverage, you will be left paying for any repairs that are needed after an accident at your house or with your vehicle.
- Let your insurance company know about every issue – while you have the option to let your insurance companies know about each and every issue that you have, small issues may be better left fixed on your own. The more claims you make to your insurance companies, the higher your premiums will be.
- Everyone needs life insurance – if you do not have any dependents or an income, you may be able to skip out on life insurance. Keep in mind that the younger and healthier you are when you invest in a policy, the cheaper your premiums will be, so you may want to consider investing in a policy before you reach any major life milestones.
- All real health insurance policies have a copay – some health insurance policies require you to pay a percentage of the total medical bill as opposed to a copay, while others will reimburse you after you cover the total cost. Not all legitimate health insurance policies come with a copay.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas for all of your insurance coverage needs. We will work closely with you to make sure that you invest in the right policies that will meet your specific needs, all at the right price.
Life Insurance Savings
Life insurance can be one of the most confusing insurance policies to buy. However, it is also one of the most important since it will provide financial coverage for your loved ones when you are gone. To start saving money on life insurance while protecting your family, take the time to compare these life insurance features.
- Coverage options – not every life insurance company will offer the same policies with the same features. Getting quotes from various companies will help you decide which coverage options will work best for your needs.
- Discounts – one o the best ways to save on your life insurance policy is to take advantage of all the discounts that you can qualify for. Different life insurance companies will offer different discounts, so talk with your insurance agent to find out which company will offer the best discounts for your specific situation.
- Company reputation – one of the main deciding factors when choosing a life insurance policy should be the reputation of the company. A life insurance company with an unreliable reputation may lead to unpaid claims or a lack of coverage when needed. Look at the company’s rating with the Better Business Bureau and check customer reviews.
- Lowest cost – if you find a few life insurance policies that meet all of your needs from reputable insurance companies, go with the one with the lowest cost. There is no reason that you should have to pay more for the same amount of coverage and options when you can get it for a lower price.
For help finding the right life insurance policy that will meet your needs, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. As an independent insurance company, we will work with you to make sure that you have the protection that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.
Home Insurance Factors
Your homeowners insurance policy is most likely one of the most important insurance policies you have since it protects your most valuable assets – your house. To ensure that your home insurance is working best to protect your house and assets, take the time to fully understand these policy factors.
- Deductible – your deductible is the amount that you will have to pay out of your pocket before your coverage will kick in. Choose a deductible that you can comfortably afford at any moment in case of an accident.
- Premiums – this is the amount that you will pay for your coverage each month. One of the best ways to keep your premium affordable is to choose the highest deductible that you can comfortably afford.
- Discounts – just like all of your other insurance policies, there are plenty of discounts that are available to help lower the cost of your policy. Talk with your insurance agent to see if you are taking advantage of all the discounts that you qualify for.
- Liability limits – your liability coverage will provide coverage for any legal fees that you incur when someone is injured while at your house. Make sure that your liability limits are high enough to protect all of your assets.
- Exclusions – even though your home insurance policy will provide coverage for many situations, it will not provide coverage for everything. Knowing what is excluded will help you figure out if you need additional insurance policies to stay protected.
- Renewal period – typical homeowners insurance policies will need to be renewed either annually or bi-annually. Choose the option that will work best for your finances and needs.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas to ensure that your homeowners insurance policy is working its best to keep your home and family safe.
Auto Insurance Cancellation Basics
When you enroll in a new auto insurance policy, you are most likely not thinking about when you are going to cancel it or if you should renew the policy. However, taking the time to fully understand auto insurance cancellation and non-renewal can help to make sure that you are not left without any coverage on the road.
Auto insurance non-renewal happens when your insurer decides that you are not worth the risk to continue your coverage. Having too many claims or a poor driving record can lead to non-renewal. Your auto insurance provider will need to give you at least a months notice for non-renewal. Keep in mind that once you have a non-renewal status, it will put an unfavorable mark on your insurance record.
Auto insurance cancellation can be a little bit more serious and can be the result of violating any terms of your policy. The issue can be the result of an arrest for a DUI, late payment, or insurance fraud, which can lead to your insurance company cancelling your policy at any point. Your auto insurance company is not required to notify you if they decide to cancel your policy, which could mean scrambling to find a new policy so that you do not have to deal with a lapse in your coverage.
The best way to avoid non-renewal or cancellation is to enroll in automatic payments so that you never miss your premiums. Following all the rules of the road and avoiding any tickets or other violations can also help to reduce your chances of cancellation or non-renewal.
For all of your auto insurance needs to make sure that you have the coverage that you deserve on the road, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas.
Teens and Auto Insurance
Watching your teenager drive off for the first time after they get their driver’s license can easily make you very nervous as a parent. You may also be shocked when it comes time to pay your auto insurance premium. Since teens are considered high risk drivers, they have some of the highest car insurance rates. If you are looking for the best way to keep your teen driver protected without emptying your bank account, keep these considerations in mind.
- Know when to add your teen to your policy – depending on your insurance company, your current auto insurance coverage may provide enough protection while your teen has their permit. You may only have to specifically add them to your policy once they pass their driver’s test. If you can, you may want to hold off as long as possible to add your auto insurance policy to help keep your rates low.
- Know what to do if you forgot – different insurance companies will automatically add your teen to your auto insurance policy when they get their license, which means that they will be covered if they have an accident. To ensure that you are safe and your claims will not be denied, make sure to call your insurance agent as soon as your teenager gets their license.
- Consider their own policy – instead of adding your teen to your existing policy, you have the option to put them on their own policy. While this will keep the cost of your coverage low, it will make their policy very expensive since they cannot take advantage of any of the discounts that you have. Ask your insurance agent what the rates will be with both options to decide which is best for you.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas for all for all of your auto insurance needs for your teen driver.
Life Insurance Applications
Once you find the perfect life insurance policy that will provide the coverage that you need, it is time to apply. The application process can be a bit confusing, and knowing what you are getting into can help to make the process much smoother. Keep these guidelines in mind when applying for your life insurance policy.
The first step to applying for life insurance is filling out the paperwork. The life insurance application form will ask typical personal information, as well as your medical history. Make sure that you answer all questions completely and truthfully. When you turn in your application, your agent will check it against your medical records, so any questions that you were not truthful about will be easily found out.
After reviewing your application, your agent will decide if you need to take a medical exam. If you are under 40 years old and are applying for less than $100,000 of insurance, chances are you will not have to have a physical exam. However, if you are older than 40 and applying for more coverage, you will probably have to get a basic medical exam.
The paramedical service that conducts your medical exam may be mobile, and they will come to your house or office to conduct your appointment. You can also schedule an appointment at a qualified clinic that will send your results to your insurance company. During your medical exam, your medical history will be reviewed, and your physical measurements and vital sign will be taken. Typically, it will only take around 30 minutes for the entire exam.
When looking for the right life insurance policy, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. We will work with you to ensure that your application process is simple and that you have the coverage that you and your loved ones deserve.
How To Protect Your Basement Storage
While you may not use the items you store in your basement every day, odds are high they have some significant sentimental value. From the old photos of your parents to the holiday decorations you have hung every year since your kids were little, there is a reason you have hung on to all of this stuff you seldom use. That is why it is important to protect it.
To help your bolster protection around the belongings you store in your basement, here are a few tips.
- Protecting Your Photos: To help protect your photos against the moisture in your basement, make sure you use a dehumidifier. Also, store each photo in a plastic enclosure from uncoated polyester, polyethylene, or polypropylene to keep them in good shape.
- Store In A Safe: Replacing your social security card, passport, and other important documents like that is a huge hassle. Avoid this waste of time by keeping your most important documents in a fireproof, waterproof safe. This is a great place to keep birth certificates and savings bonds, too.
- Do It Digitally: You can further protects your photos and documents by scanning them and storing them digitally. By keeping an archive safely in the cloud where no physical disaster can reach it, you ensure you always have a backup.
- Safeguarding Seasonal Décor: When you store your holiday décor, put it in a plastic bin that would protect its contents in a couple inches of water or store the boxes off of the ground.
The good news is that should something happen to the belongings you have in basement storage, your homeowners insurance can step in to cover the financial cost of the loss (up to your policy limits). To learn more about how your coverage can protect your personal property, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas today.