Finding the right commercial auto insurance policy for your Austin, TX home business.
More and more people are starting their own home-based businesses, helping to change the way that the business world runs. Before you decide to open your own business at your house, it is important to make sure that you know what it means for your insurance coverage. Keep these commercial auto insurance for home businesses considerations in mind to ensure that you have the right amount of protection.
Many home-based business owners assume that their existing car insurance policy will provide coverage when they are using their car for business purposes. No matter if you are making deliveries or visiting clients, your current auto insurance policy will most likely not be able to provide any type of protection in case you are in an accident.
In some cases, you may be able to add a rider onto your existing auto insurance policy to provide coverage while using your car for work. However, this is typically only the case if you make the occasional delivery or client visit. If your vehicle is a vital part of your business, such as if you run a shuttle service, you will need a specific commercial auto insurance policy.
If you are trying to sneak by without telling your insurance company about your home-based business, you may find yourself in even more trouble. If you make a claim to your personal auto insurance company and they find out that you were using your vehicle for business purposes, they may deny your claim, which can mean you will have to cover all of the damages out of your own pocket. They may also cancel your policy, leaving you without any type of coverage.
To ensure that you have the right commercial auto insurance policy for your home based business, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas.
Most people do not consider insurance the most riveting topic of conversation. However, not talking about insurance can lead to you not fully understanding all the benefits that your policies offer. Know the truth behind these insurance policy myths to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage.
- Insurance is a waste of money – if you ever have to deal with a loss, you will be glad that you have insurance. Without insurance coverage, you will be left paying for any repairs that are needed after an accident at your house or with your vehicle.
- Let your insurance company know about every issue – while you have the option to let your insurance companies know about each and every issue that you have, small issues may be better left fixed on your own. The more claims you make to your insurance companies, the higher your premiums will be.
- Everyone needs life insurance – if you do not have any dependents or an income, you may be able to skip out on life insurance. Keep in mind that the younger and healthier you are when you invest in a policy, the cheaper your premiums will be, so you may want to consider investing in a policy before you reach any major life milestones.
- All real health insurance policies have a copay – some health insurance policies require you to pay a percentage of the total medical bill as opposed to a copay, while others will reimburse you after you cover the total cost. Not all legitimate health insurance policies come with a copay.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas for all of your insurance coverage needs. We will work closely with you to make sure that you invest in the right policies that will meet your specific needs, all at the right price.
Teens and Auto Insurance
Watching your teenager drive off for the first time after they get their driver’s license can easily make you very nervous as a parent. You may also be shocked when it comes time to pay your auto insurance premium. Since teens are considered high risk drivers, they have some of the highest car insurance rates. If you are looking for the best way to keep your teen driver protected without emptying your bank account, keep these considerations in mind.
- Know when to add your teen to your policy – depending on your insurance company, your current auto insurance coverage may provide enough protection while your teen has their permit. You may only have to specifically add them to your policy once they pass their driver’s test. If you can, you may want to hold off as long as possible to add your auto insurance policy to help keep your rates low.
- Know what to do if you forgot – different insurance companies will automatically add your teen to your auto insurance policy when they get their license, which means that they will be covered if they have an accident. To ensure that you are safe and your claims will not be denied, make sure to call your insurance agent as soon as your teenager gets their license.
- Consider their own policy – instead of adding your teen to your existing policy, you have the option to put them on their own policy. While this will keep the cost of your coverage low, it will make their policy very expensive since they cannot take advantage of any of the discounts that you have. Ask your insurance agent what the rates will be with both options to decide which is best for you.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas for all for all of your auto insurance needs for your teen driver.