Keep your precious belongings safe with a complete home inventory.
The holiday season has come to a close! With our bellies full of good food, our voices sore from caroling, and our holiday presents stacked high, the aftermath of the holidays involve getting re-organized and back into the swing of things!
Adding your presents to your homeowners insurance policy is a perfect way to start the year and a good excuse to find your new presents a place in the home.
Here are some tips to help you update your home inventory so that your coverage doesn’t have any gaps!
Appraisals: Get your valuable objects appraised! Often, precious metals, stones, and gems increase in value over time. So, if you know you have your grandmother’s ruby ring in a box somewhere, find it and take it to the jeweler! Depending on the value of your items, you may need to extend your coverage or even take out a separate policy.
Digital and Written Inventories: Documenting your belongings will stand you in good stead should you need to replace or receive compensation for the loss of your belongings. When adding items to your inventories, make sure to include a picture or a description of the item as well as other details such as value, brand, model etc. and keep a written list of belongings safe with a digital inventory for extra security.
Storing Your Inventory: Two copies are always better than one. If you lose one copy, you’ll be able to refer to the second one rather than starting from scratch. Consider storing the written copy in a safe-deposit box and back up the digital inventory onto a CD or a memory pen!
A comprehensive home inventory catalogue allows your home and belongings to be recovered, rebuilt and replaced after a loss. Therefore, a full home inventory can help you replace your belongings after a loss, and accurate records make it less likely that there will be a dispute between you and your homeowners insurance company during the claims process.
Contact the insurance professionals at Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas homeowners insurance needs!
Most people do not consider insurance the most riveting topic of conversation. However, not talking about insurance can lead to you not fully understanding all the benefits that your policies offer. Know the truth behind these insurance policy myths to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage.
- Insurance is a waste of money – if you ever have to deal with a loss, you will be glad that you have insurance. Without insurance coverage, you will be left paying for any repairs that are needed after an accident at your house or with your vehicle.
- Let your insurance company know about every issue – while you have the option to let your insurance companies know about each and every issue that you have, small issues may be better left fixed on your own. The more claims you make to your insurance companies, the higher your premiums will be.
- Everyone needs life insurance – if you do not have any dependents or an income, you may be able to skip out on life insurance. Keep in mind that the younger and healthier you are when you invest in a policy, the cheaper your premiums will be, so you may want to consider investing in a policy before you reach any major life milestones.
- All real health insurance policies have a copay – some health insurance policies require you to pay a percentage of the total medical bill as opposed to a copay, while others will reimburse you after you cover the total cost. Not all legitimate health insurance policies come with a copay.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas for all of your insurance coverage needs. We will work closely with you to make sure that you invest in the right policies that will meet your specific needs, all at the right price.
Life Insurance Savings
Life insurance can be one of the most confusing insurance policies to buy. However, it is also one of the most important since it will provide financial coverage for your loved ones when you are gone. To start saving money on life insurance while protecting your family, take the time to compare these life insurance features.
- Coverage options – not every life insurance company will offer the same policies with the same features. Getting quotes from various companies will help you decide which coverage options will work best for your needs.
- Discounts – one o the best ways to save on your life insurance policy is to take advantage of all the discounts that you can qualify for. Different life insurance companies will offer different discounts, so talk with your insurance agent to find out which company will offer the best discounts for your specific situation.
- Company reputation – one of the main deciding factors when choosing a life insurance policy should be the reputation of the company. A life insurance company with an unreliable reputation may lead to unpaid claims or a lack of coverage when needed. Look at the company’s rating with the Better Business Bureau and check customer reviews.
- Lowest cost – if you find a few life insurance policies that meet all of your needs from reputable insurance companies, go with the one with the lowest cost. There is no reason that you should have to pay more for the same amount of coverage and options when you can get it for a lower price.
For help finding the right life insurance policy that will meet your needs, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. As an independent insurance company, we will work with you to make sure that you have the protection that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.
Auto Insurance Cancellation Basics
When you enroll in a new auto insurance policy, you are most likely not thinking about when you are going to cancel it or if you should renew the policy. However, taking the time to fully understand auto insurance cancellation and non-renewal can help to make sure that you are not left without any coverage on the road.
Auto insurance non-renewal happens when your insurer decides that you are not worth the risk to continue your coverage. Having too many claims or a poor driving record can lead to non-renewal. Your auto insurance provider will need to give you at least a months notice for non-renewal. Keep in mind that once you have a non-renewal status, it will put an unfavorable mark on your insurance record.
Auto insurance cancellation can be a little bit more serious and can be the result of violating any terms of your policy. The issue can be the result of an arrest for a DUI, late payment, or insurance fraud, which can lead to your insurance company cancelling your policy at any point. Your auto insurance company is not required to notify you if they decide to cancel your policy, which could mean scrambling to find a new policy so that you do not have to deal with a lapse in your coverage.
The best way to avoid non-renewal or cancellation is to enroll in automatic payments so that you never miss your premiums. Following all the rules of the road and avoiding any tickets or other violations can also help to reduce your chances of cancellation or non-renewal.
For all of your auto insurance needs to make sure that you have the coverage that you deserve on the road, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas.