Make the most of your next tailgate with these tips.
Tailgating is the best way to get the full football experience. Unfortunately, it can also open the door to certain risks. To reduce your risk of having to make an insurance claim this tailgating season, keep these tailgating safety tips in mind.
- Have a designated sober driver to get you home from the tailgate. Keep in mind that just one alcoholic beverage can be enough to inhibit your driving ability.
- Ensure all glass bottles and other hazards are not hiding under your tires before you drive away to prevent any damage to your vehicle.
- Hide all of your valuables in the trunk of your car. Leaving all valuables at home will help to keep them even safer.
Before you head to the game, take a look at your auto insurance policy to ensure it will provide the coverage you need. If you do not already have comprehensive coverage, now is the best time to add the coverage option onto your policy. While your collision coverage will provide protection while you are traveling to and from the game, your comprehensive coverage will provide protection for any incidents that occur in the parking lot.
Comprehensive coverage, sometimes known as “other than collision coverage,” will provide protection for almost anything that goes wrong. If a football flies through your front windshield or your grill catches your car on fire, your comprehensive coverage will kick in to provide protection. Keep in mind that every policy is different, so make sure to talk with your insurance agent to see just how much protection you have.
When looking for the right car insurance policy to ensure you have the coverage that you deserve throughout football season, contact the independent insurance professionals at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas.
Insurance Terms 101
Deciding on the right auto insurance policy can be much easier said than done, especially when it comes time to understanding the various auto insurance terms. Keep this simple guide in mind to help make sure that you choose the best auto insurance policy for your specific needs.
- Comprehensive – sometimes called “other than collision coverage,” comprehensive coverage will provide protection for damage that is done to your vehicle in an incident other than a crash, such as theft or fire. While comprehensive coverage is not a required coverage, it can help to save you hundreds or thousands of dollars.
- Property damage liability insurance – if you hit another car or any other piece of property, such as a mailbox, your property damage liability insurance will cover the cost of the damages. Keep in mind that property damage liability will not provide any protection for damage that is done to your car during the accident.
- Bodily injury liability insurance – this coverage option is required by law, and will provide coverage for any injuries that you cause to another driver during an accident. It is important to remember that bodily injury liability protection will not cover your medical bills if you are injured.
- Deductibles – your deductible is the amount that you will have to pay out of your own pocket before your auto insurance coverage will kick in, so make sure that you choose a deductible that you will be able to afford.
For all of your auto insurance needs, contact the insurance professionals at Dean Davis Insurance in Austin, Texas. As an independent insurance agency, we will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage for your needs, all at the right price to fit your budget.
Auto Insurance Saving Tips
Any time you can save money in your daily life it can help you be more financially secure. While cutting down on the number of lattes you buy each week can help to pad your savings account, taking a look at your car insurance policy to see if you can shave off any expenses can help to save you even more. Keep these cost reducing auto insurance tips in mind to help you save some green this spring.
- Shut your sunroof – opening your sunroof while you are driving around is a great way to take advantage of the spring weather. However, leaving it open while your car is parked can leave you vulnerable to interior damage. If you do not have comprehensive coverage with your auto insurance, you will be left paying for the damages out of your own pocket. Even if you do have comprehensive coverage, you may still be liable for the damages. Keeping your sunroof closed while you are parked can help you avoid any damage.
- Check your mileage – the more miles you drive each year, the higher your auto insurance premiums can be, since you are more likely to be involved in an accident the more you are on the road. If you have significantly cut down on your yearly miles, such as if you retired and no longer have to commute to work, you may be able to drop your auto insurance rates.
- Raise your deductible – like most of your other insurance policies, the higher your deductible, the lower your monthly premiums. However, keep in mind that you will have to pay your monthly premiums out of your own pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in, so choose a deductible that you can afford.
For all of your auto insurance needs, contact the insurance experts at Dean Davis Insurance in Austin, Texas.