Whip up these delicious vegetarian burgers for your celebrations!
Celebrations for the 4th of July are right around the corner, and we all know that that means barbeques are coming out and beer is chilling in the fridge. If you’re hosting a neighborhood party, colleague gathering, or even just enjoying the day with your family, be sure to add these healthy burgers to the menu.
Serve this meatless black bean burger on a run with hot sauce, lettuce, and tomato!
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained (or about 1½ cups)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon chunky salsa
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, divided gluten free if necessary
- Olive oil, for browning burgers
- Add all ingredients plus ¼ cup of the bread crumbs to a food processor. Process for 45-60 seconds, until all ingredients are blended together, but still a little bit chunky. Transfer mixture to a medium sized bowl and refrigerate for about ten minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs. Form mixture into patties. You will get about 6 patties, depending on the size you make them. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and place black bean burgers on. Refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Cook the burgers for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until crisp and heated through. Top with your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
From the insurance professionals, we hope that you enjoy these delicious veggie burgers on your 4th of July celebrations! So that you can thoroughly enjoy the day, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas to get started on your tailored policies.More