Get ahead of burglars and minimize theft risks in your home!
When one thinks of home thefts, it’s natural to think of burglars carefully targeting your home to strip it of all of your prized possessions – from your new 3D TV to your expensive diamond jewelry. However, it’s important to remember that not all thefts take place while you’re sleeping! In fact, most home robberies are a result of an unexpected opportunity for a thief.
Eliminate your vision of a masked burglar creeping into your home in the dead of night! If your home door is left wide open, anyone can nip in and take anything that they’d like.
To help you protect your vulnerable and sought-out items, here is a list of the top 10 most stolen items within the home:
- Bicycles! – Take photos of your bike and make a note of any numbers that it may have. This will make it easier to track down!
- Cell phones – Ensure that all passcodes and safety features are turned on.
- Power tools – Keep these locked away in a shed or in the garage.
- Laptops – Never leave your laptop in plain sight! Store it in a drawer if necessary.
- Tablets – Store these away, out of sight, safely.
- Cameras – Invest in a quality bag to protect it and hide it away.
- Golfing equipment – Store these in a cupboard or in the garage.
- Gardening tools – These should be kept behind a locked shed or garage door.
- Audio equipment – Store these away safely and always note serial numbers and model numbers.
- TVs – Keep your doors locked at any time!
For added protection of your home and belongings, install a burglar alarm or add an extra security light. So that you are never without your expensive and much-loved items, review your homeowners insurance policy in Austin, Texas to ensure that you are covered!
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis to talk to a professional who can secure your home and budget with the quality homeowners insurance it deserves!
Jewelry Insurance Coverage
Inheriting a piece of jewelry from your grandparents can be very sentimental. However, it can also be very difficult to know just how much it is worth. While new pieces of jewelry will come with a receipt to prove the value, inherited jewelry will not, which can make it hard to insure. Knowing how to properly insure your inherited jewelry can help to make sure that it stays safe for many years to come.
The first step in insuring an inherited piece of jewelry is to get it appraised. Your insurance company will need copies of the written appraisal in order to decide on how much coverage you need. The jewelry can then be added to your homeowners or renter’s insurance policy as a scheduled item. When you schedule an item, it will be insured for the appraised amount, and will be protected from perils that non-scheduled items do not have, including mysterious disappearance coverage.
Typical renters and homeowner’s insurance policies have a strict limit on the amount of protection that they will provide for your personal property. If you have any valuable items, such as inherited jewelry, the policy will not be able to provide enough coverage. When you schedule an item within your policy, you can rest assured knowing that the piece has the right amount of protection. The policy will pay to replace any stones that fall out, and will pay the full-insured amount if they are not able to replace the item with a similar piece.
For all of your homeowner’s insurance needs when looking to protect your jewelry, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of protection for all of your valuables, all at the right price.