When decorating for the holidays most people don’t factor in the potential hazards that come along with hanging Christmas lights. This year when preparing your home for the holidays there are a few safety tips you should keep in mind.
- Create a Master Plan – Take a good look at your home from the outside and map out where you’d like to put up your lights. Look for places like eaves, pillars and windows to place your lights. Then move on to trees, bushes and other structures.
- Measure the Area – Get an idea of how many strands of lights you’re going to need. One trick to use when measuring lighting for trees is to multiply height times width and double that number to get the correct square footage.
- Work With a Partner – Using a buddy system while hanging your lights is the surest way to avoid an accident. If you don’t have a partner available try using an S hook and a small bucket to hold your supplies or an extension pole so that your feet don’t ever have to leave the ground.
For more holiday safety tips and tricks visit Dean Davis Insurance online. If you’d like more information on homeowners insurance in the greater Austin, Texas area visit Dean Davis Insurance online and get a quote today!
Open enrollment in the new Obamacare insurance plans offered by state and federally operated Marketplaces was scheduled to begin on October 1, 2013 to give Americans plenty of time to research and choose their policy before the New Year.
As the year comes to a close, it’s good to keep in mind upcoming enrollment deadlines to ensure you’re well within the enrollment schedule to get the coverage you need. If you want your coverage to begin by January 1, 2014, you will need to buy your Marketplace plan by December 23, 2013. You can purchase Marketplace plans after this date, but coverage will not start January 1.
The last date for purchasing Marketplace insurance coverage for 2014 is March 31, with initiation of coverage depending on when the policy is bought. It’s important to set your own personal deadline for buying your policy so you don’t accidentally miss out by putting it off too long.
First time insurance buyers may need time to compare plan options and prices in order to get the best deal. This research should be done now, keeping in mind the upcoming deadlines and what they entail for you. For help in choosing healthcare plans in Austin, Texas, contact Dean Davis Insurance, now offering a health insurance expert to help you with all your health care needs!
If you have questions or concerns about Obamacare, you are not alone. But if you live in the Austin, Texas area and have questions about Obamacare (The Affordable Healthcare Act) there is a local resource you can contact. Talk to us at Dean Davis Insurance. Here, we have a health insurance expert in house who can answer your questions and help guide you to your best options.
We have teamed up with onlinehealthexchange.com to make sure you get the best coverage at the best price possible. Now you don’t need to deal with your questions on your own. If you want to maximize your coverage under the new healthcare act, contact our expert at Dean Davis Insurance. We have always felt that our real product is peace of mind and security and that is the case with your healthcare. Contact us today and let us help you get the healthcare you deserve.
Dean Davis Insurance of Austin, Texas has been serving the region since 1969. We would be proud to assist you.
Preparing your home for winter can help protect your investment and stop future problems. The non-profit Insurance Information Institute has some suggestions for you as we get closer to the winter months.
Clean your gutters. Gutters accumulate just about anything you can imagine and they won’t flow easily unless they are cleaned. Take the time to make sure your gutters and downspouts are clear.
Trim your trees and remove dead branches. Heavy snow or ice covered branches will break easily and can damage to your home or car. Now is the time to remove branches that can cause trouble in the coming months.
Test your smoke detectors. This is a critical time to make sure they are in perfect working order.
Learn where to shut your water off. Sounds simple enough but knowing where to shut off the main source of water can save thousands in damages should your pipes freeze.
Dean Davis Insurance has been serving Texas since 1969. Located in Austin, contact us if you would like a quote on your homeowners or other types of insurance.
Before purchasing homeowners insurance, you should research your options carefully to ensure you get the coverage you need. Standard policies offer a certain level of coverage from disasters; however, you may need to customize your coverage to meet your particular needs.
Under most standard policies, you can expect protection from the following disasters.
- Fire and lightning
- Tornado damage
- Windstorm and hail
- Winter storms
- Smoke damage
- Riot and civil disturbance
- Vehicle and aircraft damage
- Volcanic eruption
The extent of protection you get will depend on the amount of coverage you buy.
Flood and earthquake coverage are not covered by standard homeowners policies. If you live in an area where floods or earthquakes are prevalent, you would be wise to obtain a separate policy for this coverage.
Another area that is not covered under a standard policy is maintenance damage. As a homeowner, you are responsible to maintain your property so that it does not suffer damage due to lack of care. If your property suffers damage due to lack of proper maintenance, you may very well have to pick up the tab yourself.
By being aware of your insurance coverage, you can be assured of getting the protection you need. For more information on homeowners insurance coverage in the Austin, Texas, area, contact Dean Davis Insurance.
The need for different types of insurance changes as you move through life. Here are five stages of life and what you should think about in each.
- The 20’s. Make sure you have sufficient life insurance policies to cover student loans and other debts. If married, you’ll want to look into disability insurance.
- The 30’s. You need to make sure child care expenses are covered and you have income replacement insurance. Consider your children’s college education.
- The 40’s. Here you need to take a serious look at your retirement plans and long-term care.
- The 50’s. This is when you change from being the provider to concerning yourself to being provided for. Long term coverage, retirement and your legacy begin to take shape.
- The 60’s. This is the decade of estate planning, non-profit legacies, and providing for the children and grandchildren you will eventually leave behind.
Getting covered through all of these stages is easy when you contact us at Dean Davis Insurance. We proudly serve the Austin, Texas area and will be glad to assist you.