Whip up these delicious vegetarian burgers for your celebrations!
Celebrations for the 4th of July are right around the corner, and we all know that that means barbeques are coming out and beer is chilling in the fridge. If you’re hosting a neighborhood party, colleague gathering, or even just enjoying the day with your family, be sure to add these healthy burgers to the menu.
Serve this meatless black bean burger on a run with hot sauce, lettuce, and tomato!
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained (or about 1½ cups)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon chunky salsa
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, divided gluten free if necessary
- Olive oil, for browning burgers
- Add all ingredients plus ¼ cup of the bread crumbs to a food processor. Process for 45-60 seconds, until all ingredients are blended together, but still a little bit chunky. Transfer mixture to a medium sized bowl and refrigerate for about ten minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs. Form mixture into patties. You will get about 6 patties, depending on the size you make them. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and place black bean burgers on. Refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Cook the burgers for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until crisp and heated through. Top with your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
From the insurance professionals, we hope that you enjoy these delicious veggie burgers on your 4th of July celebrations! So that you can thoroughly enjoy the day, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas to get started on your tailored policies.
Summer is almost here – it’s time to enjoy the seasonal food!
Get ready to wow some taste buds! This seasonal pasta salad will be a hit at any summer party or spring cookout. As a dish that compliments all others, this recipe is sure to please and impress your guests.
You may be turning to this recipe more than once this summer, so check it out below:
- 1 lb pasta
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ cups haricots verts (green beans), chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 6-8 spring onions, using the white + light green parts
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 tbs almond milk
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs water
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt + pepper
- From the spring onions, take the white bulb + ½ inch above bulb, where it starts to turn light green. Roughly chop, and combine with all other ingredients in a high-speed blender. Mix until the vinaigrette has a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Cook pasta according to directions. When finished cooking, drain and set aside to cool.
- Chop tomatoes and haricots verts, mixing each with pasta once it has cooled.
- Finely chop kale, and combine 1 cup with pasta salad.
- When pasta and veggies are mixed, drizzle generously with vinaigrette.
- Serve and enjoy!
From the insurance professionals at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, we hope that you enjoy this summer recipe! For all of your insurance needs in Austin, Texas, contact us today!
Ride easy by learning what the bicycle insurance myths are and how it can cover you!
With gas prices steadily rising every month, it’s no surprise that people across the nation are turning to bicycles as their main form of transportation.
Bicycles have increased in popularity, and is now the third most popular outdoor activity among adults, with 12 percent categorized as “frequent cyclists”. For children, the percent is steady 22%.
While the basics of bicycle safety are well known (wear a helmet, utilize reflectors, and be visible and alert at all times), many cyclists are unaware or misinformed concerning the steps that they can take to further protect themselves and their bicycle!
Bicycle insurance is a specialized, stand-alone policy that can cover liability, loss, damage, and even some medical payments. With many myths pedaling around, cyclists should know the facts when it comes to insurance!
Myth No. 1: My homeowners insurance policy will cover a stolen bike.
Fact: Some (and we stress, some) homeowners insurance policies will cover the theft of a bicycle if it is listed under the policy. Even if your bike is covered, policies often have low coverage limits for things like sporting equipment. Owners who fall victim to theft may be faced with the replacement cost due to low coverage limits and high deductibles.
Myth No. 2: If I buy a secure bike lock, my bicycle won’t get stolen.
Fact: While bike locks do deter thieves, it doesn’t mean that the bike won’t get stolen. Expert thieves can easily spot high-value bikes, and even with the best bike lock on the market, they know how to make a bike disappear.
Myth No. 3: Only professional cyclists need insurance.
Fact: Whether you ride around the block with your children or pedal to and from work every day, protecting against liability, damage, and losses can protect your bike, family, and finances! After all, most people aren’t professional racecar drivers but we’re required to carry auto insurance on our vehicles.
Are you ready to receive optimum now that you know bicycle insurance myths and misconceptions! Contact the insurance professionals at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, serving Austin, Texas for your bicycle insurance coverage.
From got-your-back navigation tools to the best bathroom-pit-stop finders, download these handy apps!
Does your family have a road trip planned? Perhaps you and your buddies are hitting the open road soon? Whether it’s a spring getaway or a summer vacation, there’s a certain amount of planning that every driver should do.
Before you venture off into the distance, install these apps on your smartphone! Not only can they save you a bundle of time on the road, but it ensures the seamless getaway that you’ve always wanted.
Waze: The king of navigation apps, Waze offers multiple routes, real-time traffic updates, notifications about speed traps, and the power to compare gas station prices around you. It’s updated by regular drivers and is available for iPhone, Android, and Windows phones. If the traffic ahead is predicted to have you sitting on the freeway for hours, the app will automatically re-route you so you avoid it!
Along the Way: This is the perfect guide for planning a trip in an unfamiliar territory. You can find parks, bars, shops, and landmarks along your route without detouring and excessively wandering!
Songza: Limited with your iPod and Pandora’s music station? Songza allows you to search for music and playlists based on your mood, genre, artist, activity, or decade. The playlists can be whittled down to specific feelings (think “driving in the second lane”), so be sure to grab this app for the perfect soundtrack!
H-D Ride Planner: For all those motorcyclists out there, we haven’t forgotten you! Plan your route and select the scenic terrain with this app. It allows you to sync it to your dash-mounted GPS device for easy access and safe riding.
Whatever your road trip plans, be sure to review your auto insurance coverage before heading out on your travels! Securing a reliable policy will keep your family, finances, vehicles covered! Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas today to get started on your policy!
Optimize your driving to cut down on gas station stops!
Whether you’re preparing for a road trip of a lifetime, have implemented a strict fuel budget, or simply want to slash your petrol station stops in half, there are some simple tricks to increase your fuel efficiency!
Not only does making the most out of your fuel save money, but it betters the environment! By reducing your carbon footprint, you can work to make your lifestyle a little ‘greener’.
No one likes paying an arm and a leg at the petrol pump, so put these tips into practice today!
- Avoid driving at high speeds – Driving at 62 mph rather than 75 mph reduces fuel consumption by about 15 percent.
- Stop hard braking – Instead, leave plenty of room in front of you and the car ahead, and lay off the accelerator to slowly reduce your speed, before applying the brake.
- Optimize your tires – Keep tire pressure at the level recommended by your vehicle manufacturer, as under-inflated tires can cause your fuel efficiency to drop.
- Use A/C sparingly – When the air conditioner is on, it puts extra pressure on the engine, forcing up to 20 percent of fuel to be consumed.
- Use cruise control – Maintaining a constant speed over long distances will save gas!
- Avoid long idles – Instead of leaving your car on for 10 minutes, turn your car off. Restarting the car uses less fuel than letting it idle.
These tips will allow you to keep more money in your wallet! When looking for more ways on how you can save, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis. Our professionals can tailor a quality auto insurance policy to you in Austin, Texas today!
Keep your precious belongings safe with a complete home inventory.
The holiday season has come to a close! With our bellies full of good food, our voices sore from caroling, and our holiday presents stacked high, the aftermath of the holidays involve getting re-organized and back into the swing of things!
Adding your presents to your homeowners insurance policy is a perfect way to start the year and a good excuse to find your new presents a place in the home.
Here are some tips to help you update your home inventory so that your coverage doesn’t have any gaps!
Appraisals: Get your valuable objects appraised! Often, precious metals, stones, and gems increase in value over time. So, if you know you have your grandmother’s ruby ring in a box somewhere, find it and take it to the jeweler! Depending on the value of your items, you may need to extend your coverage or even take out a separate policy.
Digital and Written Inventories: Documenting your belongings will stand you in good stead should you need to replace or receive compensation for the loss of your belongings. When adding items to your inventories, make sure to include a picture or a description of the item as well as other details such as value, brand, model etc. and keep a written list of belongings safe with a digital inventory for extra security.
Storing Your Inventory: Two copies are always better than one. If you lose one copy, you’ll be able to refer to the second one rather than starting from scratch. Consider storing the written copy in a safe-deposit box and back up the digital inventory onto a CD or a memory pen!
A comprehensive home inventory catalogue allows your home and belongings to be recovered, rebuilt and replaced after a loss. Therefore, a full home inventory can help you replace your belongings after a loss, and accurate records make it less likely that there will be a dispute between you and your homeowners insurance company during the claims process.
Contact the insurance professionals at Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas homeowners insurance needs!
Make the most of your next tailgate with these tips.
Tailgating is the best way to get the full football experience. Unfortunately, it can also open the door to certain risks. To reduce your risk of having to make an insurance claim this tailgating season, keep these tailgating safety tips in mind.
- Have a designated sober driver to get you home from the tailgate. Keep in mind that just one alcoholic beverage can be enough to inhibit your driving ability.
- Ensure all glass bottles and other hazards are not hiding under your tires before you drive away to prevent any damage to your vehicle.
- Hide all of your valuables in the trunk of your car. Leaving all valuables at home will help to keep them even safer.
Before you head to the game, take a look at your auto insurance policy to ensure it will provide the coverage you need. If you do not already have comprehensive coverage, now is the best time to add the coverage option onto your policy. While your collision coverage will provide protection while you are traveling to and from the game, your comprehensive coverage will provide protection for any incidents that occur in the parking lot.
Comprehensive coverage, sometimes known as “other than collision coverage,” will provide protection for almost anything that goes wrong. If a football flies through your front windshield or your grill catches your car on fire, your comprehensive coverage will kick in to provide protection. Keep in mind that every policy is different, so make sure to talk with your insurance agent to see just how much protection you have.
When looking for the right car insurance policy to ensure you have the coverage that you deserve throughout football season, contact the independent insurance professionals at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas.