The Insurance Agency of Dean Davis would like to wish you a happy 4th of July! Also, we would like to remind you of the important safety guidelines to ensure you have an injury-free Independence Day holiday!
- Keep fireworks outdoors.
- Only use legal fireworks.
- Keep a bucket of water handy, or a fire extinguisher.
- Never try to light a dud more than once. Wait 20 minutes after the first light, and then soak the firework in water to ensure it is put out.
- Keep spectators away from the area where fireworks are being set off.
- Pay extra attention to the whereabouts of children and small pets.
- Drink responsibly, especially around fireworks.
- Never use homemade explosives- this is the most important safety tip, as you could seriously endanger yourself or others.
- Remain standing when handling sparklers, and only hold one at a time.
- Drop all used fireworks into water after they are done.
For any insurance inquiries, go ahead and contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin! Their qualified insurance professionals will be able to assist you with all of your insurance needs!
With all the excitement that comes with having your own pool to use during the hot summer months, it can be easy to forget about swimming pool safety guidelines and liability! However, these things are important, and as pool-owners, should be revisited yearly. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Construct a 4 foot tall fence around your pool to keep users out when you are not around.
- Keep a list of emergency numbers, and a CPR instruction booklet near the pool area in case there is an emergency.
- Secure a location for the keeping of a first aid kit.
- Never swim alone, and always keep your eye on children and small pets in the pool area.
- Never bring glass items, or electronics into the pool area.
- If you have children who are older, enroll them in a basic first aid and CPR course.
- Do not let anyone swim in your pool if you are a weak swimmer.
For questions about pool insurance, or any other form of insurance, go ahead and contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin!
As the summer months approach, pesky critters are beginning to seek shelter in our homes to escape the hot temperatures. These pests may come with a hefty price tag when trying to erase their existence from our homes. Here are some simple ways to prevent spending a fortune this summer on pest control:
- Dry out the damp parts of your home such as the kitchen, and attic. Carpenter ants, and roaches love damp environments, so fix those leaky sinks and keep your animal’s water dish outside.
- Move your firewood stash away from your home’s walls. Bugs like termites and stinkbugs like to sneak through under the cracks.
- If your neighbors have noticed recent ant or termite attacks, hire an inspector to make sure yours is clear.
- If you are just dealing with a few roaches or wasps here and there, don’t waste money on a professional exterminator. Sprinkle a mixture of boric acid powder, and insecticidal soaps around the areas you usually see critters.
For any questions about auto, home, and life insurance go ahead and contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin!
Although small business owners do not have as many employees or customers as large corporations, that does not mean they do not have the same concerns. Small businesses have to deal with the same problems, just on a smaller scale.
The top five concerns of small business owners include both internal and external problems. When it comes to internal concerns, talent management, such as recruiting and marinating staff is the number one problem. External problems that small business owners encounter include taxes, government regulations, and healthcare reform, and the functionality and reliability of technology.
Although there are many obstacles for small business owners to overcome, there are also many opportunities. Half of all small businesses are expected to grow in 2014. The 28 million small businesses that operate in America account for one-third of all employment in the country.
Business insurance is available for small businesses to help ease the mind of small business owners. There are three main small business claims made to insurance companies. The first is damage to the building or its contests due to an event like a fire or earthquake. The second is loss of income, such as if the business closes. The last reason is due to loss of data or company information, usually due to some type of computer failure or fraud.
The Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin, Texas, can provide your small business with the best commercial insurance to fit all your needs.
Vacations are a time to cut loose and enjoy yourself. It is important to make sure you stick to your healthy eating habits even while on vacation to make sure you can fully enjoy it. Following these healthy eating tips while on vacation will not only help keep you feeling thin, but will also provide you with enough energy to fully enjoy all of your vacation plans.
- Do not splurge. Studies have shown that people tend to splurge on their meals when eating out, even if they eat healthy foods and portions throughout the day. This splurge is usually on fatty, high-calorie foods of larger proportions. Make sure to stick to your healthy eating routine while eating out and do not feel pressured to eat everything that is on the plate.
- Have it your way. More and more restaurants are giving customers the option to customize their meals. This means that you can choose smaller portions or different, healthier ways for dishes to be prepared.
- Walk. One of the major benefits of being on vacation is the scenery. Take advantage of all a location has to offer by walking as much as possible.
- Hide the mini bar key. Not only are the items in a mini bar outrageously overpriced; there is usually nothing healthy in them. Avoid the mini bar all together to save your wallet and your waistline.
- One treat a day. Allowing yourself one small treat a day can help you say no to more unhealthy items. It will also allow you to taste the specialties of the location.
- Water is your friend. Make sure to keep on track with your water intake, especially while on vacation. It is easy to get off track not drink enough water while travelling.
The Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin, Texas, reminds you to continue your healthy eating habits while on vacation and contact them for all your insurance needs.
There is no way to get around purchasing car insurance if you own a car. Although it may seem like a waste of money, auto insurance can save you hundreds or thousands of dollars in the unfortunate event of an accident. Fortunately, there are many discounts that can help save you money on your auto insurance policy. Talking to your insurance agent can help ensure that you are getting all the discounts that you qualify for. Some auto insurance discounts that you should know about include:
- Multi-car – this discount can save you up to 25% on your policy if you have multiple cars insured on the same policy. The vehicles must be registered in the same name and driven by people who are listed on the policy.
- Bundling – you may qualify for this discount if you combine your auto insurance with other insurance policies, such as personal insurance or renters’ insurance. It also makes it easier to pay one insurance payment rather than three or four different ones.
- New car safety features – safety features such as airbags or motorized seatbelts can help you save on your car insurance. Make sure to check with your insurance agent to see which features in your vehicle can qualify you for a discount.
- Safe driver – if you have a clean driving record with no moving violations for a specified number of years, you may qualify for a safe driving discount. Many insurance companies will also give you a discount if you take a defensive driving course.
- Married driver – statistics show that people who are married get in less car accidents. Some companies will offer discounts because of that reason.
- Teen driver – teens that have good grades, above a B average, can save money on their auto insurance.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin, Texas to make sure you are receiving all the auto insurance discounts you qualify for.