If you’re in the market for life insurance you should be aware that some health conditions and certain lifestyle choices may determine how much your premiums will be. The following dozen factors may increase your premiums.
- Smoking and tobacco use
- Being overweight
- Substance abuse
- Having a high-risk job
- Participating in dangerous hobbies
- Your driving record
- Cancer is certain to guarantee you higher premiums and may prevent you from obtaining coverage at all.
- Diabetes. Both type 1 and 2 will increase premiums, though people diagnosed with type 2 won’t be hit as hard.
- Heart Disease and risks associated with it such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Asthma sufferers whose condition is serious enough to warrant long-term steroid use.
- Family history will also be taken into consideration. Insurers are looking for immediate family members with serious, hereditary health conditions that put you at a higher risk of early death.
For more information about factors that may increase life insurance premiums or to speak to an agent about obtaining life insurance, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis located in Austin, Texas.