If it seems like you keep getting busier and busier and time management is impossible, think again. That device in your hand can be a lifesaver! Many individuals fail to take advantage of the abundant smartphone applications that can actually keep you on task and organized. We have gone through all of the productivity applications and provided you with a list of the top apps:
- Things – (Apple Compatible) – This smartphone application will make even the most stressful tasks easier to complete. All you need to do is simply input your tasks, no matter how simple or complex, and the application will give you a breakdown of the tasks into realistic steps for completion. You set the deadline for each task. Are you one of the many individuals who works on their iPad while out of the office, their iPhone while home, and their iMac while in the office? No need to worry! Things will automatically sync to all of your Apple devices.
- RescueTime – (Mac/PC Compatible) – Are you one of the many individuals who finds themselves lost on the internet after searching for one thing? The internet can so easily distract us for hours, and then we realize none of our work has been completed. This smartphone application will track your digital work and provide you with graphs and tables describing your internet usage. When you see exactly how much time you waste procrastinating on the internet, you will better be able to control your habits.
- Mindnode – (Apple Compatible) – Do you ever feel like you have so many ideas you cannot figure out where to start? “Mind-mapping” is a form of brainstorming your ideas into a concise map that will organize all of your ideas. This smartphone application will organize all of your ideas for you and lay them out for you to see.
We encourage you to take advantage of one of these amazing productivity boosting smartphone applications and start getting productive! Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas insurance needs.
Since you spent months, maybe even years, searching for the home of your dreams, it only makes sense to protect that beautiful home with a comprehensive homeowners’ insurance policy. Many homeowners are surprised to find out that there are a variety of factors that increase the premium rates of their homeowners’ insurance policy, including:
- Insurance companies will likely raise your rates if you have one of the famous attractive, but dangerous nuisances in your home. These include swimming pools, dogs, trampolines, zip lines, tree houses, and more. Sadly, the commonality of dog bite claims means you will likely have a spike in your homeowners’ insurance premium if you adopt a furry friend. Likewise, the amount of pool accidents that occur each year is astoundingly high, therefore, expect a bump in your premium.
- If you decide to conduct a home renovation project with questionable structural design, you may notice an increase in your homeowners’ insurance premium. This may include a wood burning stove or risky wiring.
- If you conduct business from your home, you will likely see an increase in your premium. Depending on your particular business operations of your home-based business, you may even need to purchase a separate insurance policy all together for coverage.
- If you have any particularly expensive assets on your hands, such as collectable art or high-end jewelry, you may need additional insurance for coverage. Those expensive items put you at risk for burglaries and will influence your insurance premium.
- Neighborhood trends may also affect how much you pay for your homeowners’ insurance. For instance, if multiple homes in your neighborhood are burglarized this summer, your home becomes more of a risk.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas homeowners’ insurance needs. As your biggest investment, your home deserves comprehensive protection. Allow us to provide you with the peace of mind knowing your home is receiving the best coverage.
We all know that getting a speeding ticket can be expensive, but many motorists forget the insurance implications of receiving a ticket. Since you have proven to be a risk taker by speeding, insurance companies will raise your insurance rates in order to provide you with sufficient coverage. If you think about it, those who have a tendency to speed are more likely to get in car accidents. Therefore, it only makes sense that you would pay more for auto insurance.
How long your speeding ticket stays on your record and continues to influence your auto insurance premium is dependent upon your particular state’s rules. Your speeding ticket can stay on your record anywhere from one year to three years. Depending on how fast you were going to receive the speeding ticket, the violation may stay on your record even when the points are removed. Therefore, insurance companies can see your reckless driving habits even a few years from now.
Many drivers are given the opportunity to take a defensive driving course or traffic school to remove the speeding ticket from their record. This option is typically only offered after a motorists’ first offense. If you are given the option, it is highly recommended that you take a defensive driving course. This course will not only clean up your driving record, but it will also reintroduce very important driving habits that may make you an overall better driver.
To avoid escalated insurance rates and paying the fines of a speeding ticket, simply refrain from speeding. When you speed, you put both yourself and others at risk for serious harm.
You deserve a comprehensive auto insurance policy that will offer you sufficient protection on the road. Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas auto insurance needs. We can help you receive discounts that will lessen the effects of a speeding ticket on your insurance premium.
With the end of summer quickly approaching, it is time to start thinking about reintroducing safety habits for everyone in your family. The roads can become extremely dangerous as everyone is rushing to get to and from the same place at the same time. It is imperative that we share the road and follow these safety tips:
- As the school bus begins its route for the year, it is time for you to start setting your alarm ten minutes earlier. When a school bus is picking up or dropping children off, you are required by law to stop. Getting out of the house ten minutes earlier each day will allow you to avoid getting stuck behind a slow moving bus en route.
- If you are on a two lane road when a bus stops and puts on their red flashing lights, the drivers in both directions must stop.
- If you are on a one way road with multiple lanes, all lanes are required to stop.
- It is important that you know that school buses are required by law to stop at all railroad crossings. Therefore, if you are passing a railroad crossing with a bus in front of you, expect to stop.
- While these laws are put in place to foster safety, many drivers continue to zoom past school buses to continue their commute. Therefore, it is especially important that you relay some safety guidelines to your children. Inform them to stay out of the danger zone of school buses. Tell your child to take five steps away from the bus stop and wait until the bus has come to a complete stop before boarding the bus.
- Most importantly, stress the importance of looking both ways before crossing. After a long summer, your child is most likely used to your hand guiding them across the street, so it is important to remind them of this lifesaving habit.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas insurance needs. We can provide you with the peace of mind you deserve knowing your entire family is receiving adequate protection.
By law, all drivers are required to have purchased an auto insurance policy. Your premium is based on a number of different factors such as driving record, type of car, etc. However, there are a number of different ways to cut down on this expense, and reduce your premium while still being fully covered on the road. Here are some money-saving tips that can keep your auto insurance rate from going up:
- Keep your driving record clean. This will make your premium increase, so slow down and put a stop to distracted driving.
- Pay your premium in full or every six months. Paying month-by-month won’t pay off due to installment fees.
- Consider your premium before buying a vehicle. If you purchase a luxury vehicle, your insurance will be higher than a normal sedan.
- Get extra safety features such as anti-lock brakes, or a crash-alert system. This will result in a discount from your insurance company.
- Consider a multi–car discount if your family uses more than one vehicle.
For auto insurance inquiries, go ahead and contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin! Their qualified insurance professionals will be able to assist you with all of your insurance needs!
None of us are strangers to the overwhelming angry feeling that forces itself upon us when drivers are inconsiderate on the road. Your chances of encountering drivers like these are incredibly high every time you go on a drive. It is easy to be consumed by these feelings of rage and act out in a way that is unsafe, or could worsen the problem. Here are some tips for handling road rage, and a safer commute:
- Focus on taking deep breaths.
- Imagine that the person who has cut you off is dealing with a family emergency.
- Put yourself in their shoes, and realize you would be acting in the same manner.
- Repeat this process every time you encounter a rude or angry driver.
Anger does you no good when operating a motor vehicle. Incorporate these tips into your daily life and you’ll be on your way to a more peaceful life! For any insurance inquiries, go ahead and contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin! Their qualified insurance professionals will be able to assist you with all of your insurance needs!
The Insurance Agency of Dean Davis would like to wish you a happy 4th of July! Also, we would like to remind you of the important safety guidelines to ensure you have an injury-free Independence Day holiday!
- Keep fireworks outdoors.
- Only use legal fireworks.
- Keep a bucket of water handy, or a fire extinguisher.
- Never try to light a dud more than once. Wait 20 minutes after the first light, and then soak the firework in water to ensure it is put out.
- Keep spectators away from the area where fireworks are being set off.
- Pay extra attention to the whereabouts of children and small pets.
- Drink responsibly, especially around fireworks.
- Never use homemade explosives- this is the most important safety tip, as you could seriously endanger yourself or others.
- Remain standing when handling sparklers, and only hold one at a time.
- Drop all used fireworks into water after they are done.
For any insurance inquiries, go ahead and contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin! Their qualified insurance professionals will be able to assist you with all of your insurance needs!