How are you protecting your business outside?
Many business owners are concerned with protecting their business from the indoors out. However, protecting your business from the outside first will minimize the risk of theft or damage to the inside. It makes sense, right? For your business, it’s important to protect your outside property as well as the interior equipment, documents, and other important items.
Below are a few items that are outside your office that you should consider covering:
Offsite equipment: Does your business have expensive equipment? Items such as a sound system or machinery are often transported taken to jobs offsite should be insured in case of damage or theft.
Outdoor property: You may have some property that you always store outdoors and would cost more to replace than your business owner’s policy could cover. Everything from your satellite dish to fencing to the antennae can be covered. This coverage can also help to cover the expenses associates with heaters, tables, and chairs from perils.
Landscaping: Your outdoor area may be complete with a rock garden, succulent garden, trees, and water features. Protecting your investment to this area is just as important as protecting your tables and chairs. These items can be protected against theft, vandalism, and certain storm damage.
Exterior signs: You may want to consider adding these items to your business owner’s policy to ensure that if they are damaged in a storm or another listed peril, they can be repaired and replaced.
The best way to protect your property is to secure your premises. Lock everything up each night, install security cameras, and add extra lights where and when you can. These elements strongly deter thieves from entering the property, let alone vandalizing or stealing from it.
Additionally, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis to secure your business insurance in Austin, Texas to protect your company from the outside in!
Benefit your business and your employees’ health all in one!
It’s no secret that employees are happier at work when they’re healthy. With the right frame of mind and improved physical health, your workforce can be stronger than ever. Of course, not every business is equipped to host after-work exercise groups or supply every member of staff with a gym pass.
Boosting your employees’ health doesn’t have to cost a fortune or steal time away from daily duties. Check out how your business can get started with improving your employees’ health:
- Sponsor a healthy breakfast or lunch.
- Replace sugary snacks and fizzy drinks with a bowl of fruit and bottles of water.
- Host a “fitness walk” during lunch breaks or take walking meetings instead of sitting in the conference room.
- Encourage employees to hand-deliver messages rather than using e-mail.
- Provide worksite health screenings.
- Pin healthy recipes to the office fridge.
- Invite a fitness instructor to offer before or after work demonstrations.
- Encourage your team to sign up for a local marathon together.
Of course, with employees with better health, your company will benefit! You’ll get.
- Increased productivity among employees.
- Reduced rates of absenteeism and illness.
- Increased well-being among employees.
- Improved physical fitness and stamina.
- Reduced stress among employees.
Business owners, are you ready to get started on your plan to better your employees and company? Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis to secure your business insurance in Austin, Texas to protect your company as it grows and evolves!
Commercial insurance is broad and there are many different policies. What best protects your company?
Business owners may be overwhelmed when deciding on a policy that suits their company, assets, and financial future! Instead of opting for a bare-bones policy that exposes vulnerable areas of your business, it’s important to maintain adequate and reliable coverage.
Read on for a list that provides an overview of the coverages available to businesses!
Commercial Property Insurance: As the most common form of commercial property policy, it covers buildings, production machinery, office equipment, furniture, and stock. The policy is fairly flexible and can be adapted to meet the needs of your business.
Business Owners Policy: A business owner policy is a type of package policy designed for small and medium-sized businesses, and covers commercial property and general liability coverages. It can also include business income, extra expenses, and various crime coverages.
Inland Marine Insurance: Commercial property and BOP policies cover property situated at the premises described in the declarations, typically away from the businesses premises. This coverage is designed to protect movable property.
Builders Risk Insurance: This insurance covers a building in the course of construction, beginning when construction starts and ends when the project is completed so that your building is protected throughout every stage.
Crime Insurance: From employee theft coverage, computer fraud coverage, and money and securities coverage, this policy is designed to protect against losses.
Are you ready to receive quality, all—encompassing insurance for your business in Texas? Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin to learn how you can safeguard your business!
Finding the right commercial auto insurance policy for your Austin, TX home business.
More and more people are starting their own home-based businesses, helping to change the way that the business world runs. Before you decide to open your own business at your house, it is important to make sure that you know what it means for your insurance coverage. Keep these commercial auto insurance for home businesses considerations in mind to ensure that you have the right amount of protection.
Many home-based business owners assume that their existing car insurance policy will provide coverage when they are using their car for business purposes. No matter if you are making deliveries or visiting clients, your current auto insurance policy will most likely not be able to provide any type of protection in case you are in an accident.
In some cases, you may be able to add a rider onto your existing auto insurance policy to provide coverage while using your car for work. However, this is typically only the case if you make the occasional delivery or client visit. If your vehicle is a vital part of your business, such as if you run a shuttle service, you will need a specific commercial auto insurance policy.
If you are trying to sneak by without telling your insurance company about your home-based business, you may find yourself in even more trouble. If you make a claim to your personal auto insurance company and they find out that you were using your vehicle for business purposes, they may deny your claim, which can mean you will have to cover all of the damages out of your own pocket. They may also cancel your policy, leaving you without any type of coverage.
To ensure that you have the right commercial auto insurance policy for your home based business, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas.
Most people do not consider insurance the most riveting topic of conversation. However, not talking about insurance can lead to you not fully understanding all the benefits that your policies offer. Know the truth behind these insurance policy myths to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage.
- Insurance is a waste of money – if you ever have to deal with a loss, you will be glad that you have insurance. Without insurance coverage, you will be left paying for any repairs that are needed after an accident at your house or with your vehicle.
- Let your insurance company know about every issue – while you have the option to let your insurance companies know about each and every issue that you have, small issues may be better left fixed on your own. The more claims you make to your insurance companies, the higher your premiums will be.
- Everyone needs life insurance – if you do not have any dependents or an income, you may be able to skip out on life insurance. Keep in mind that the younger and healthier you are when you invest in a policy, the cheaper your premiums will be, so you may want to consider investing in a policy before you reach any major life milestones.
- All real health insurance policies have a copay – some health insurance policies require you to pay a percentage of the total medical bill as opposed to a copay, while others will reimburse you after you cover the total cost. Not all legitimate health insurance policies come with a copay.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas for all of your insurance coverage needs. We will work closely with you to make sure that you invest in the right policies that will meet your specific needs, all at the right price.
Worker’s compensation insurance is meant to provide your employee’s with protection if they are ever injured while on the job. Even if you take all the proper precautions to keep your employees safe, there is always a chance that they will be injured at work. Some of the most common workplace injuries that you should guard against at your company include:
- Overexertion – which occurs when an employee pulls, lifts, pushes, or throws something which leads to an injury. An overexertion injury occurs when a joint is forced to move beyond its normal range of motion or when a muscle is pulled.
- Fall to a lower level – which typically occurs when an employee falls off a roof, ladder, or falls down a flight of stairs. This can include roofers falling off a roof, or a teacher falling down stairs.
- Slips, trips, and falls – most of these worker’s compensation claims when an employee slips on a wet floor, or on a snowy walkway.
- Bodily reaction – which occurs when an employee slips or trips, does not fall, but is still injured from the incident, such as a sprained or twisted ankle. This can happen at any time, anywhere on the company grounds.
- Struck by an object – which most commonly happens when something is dropped by another employee who is on a lower level, or when something falls off a shelf.
- Machinery accidents – these claims are most commonly reported in cases where large, heavy machinery causes injury to an employee by mutilating or crushing a part of their body. These accidents can have very steep medical cost ramifications.
For all of your commercial insurance needs to ensure that your employees are protected with the right worker’s comp. insurance policy, contact the independent insurance professionals at the Insurance Agency if Dean Davis in Austin, Texas.
Commercial Auto Insurance Costs
Taking risks as a business owner can help you reach your goals. However, taking risks with your insurance will never lead to anything good. While investing in the right commercial insurance policies can seem pricey, it is vital to keep you and your employees protected. To help save money on your commercial auto costs, keep these tips in mind.
- Check driving records – before you allow an employee to be listed on your commercial auto insurance policy, check their driving records. Driving records can have a huge impact on your premiums, so make sure that only the employees with the best driving records are allowed to get behind the wheel of a company car.
- Always have continuous coverage – letting your insurance coverage lapse for any amount of time will mean much higher premiums when you invest in a new policy since most insurers will want to see proof of prior coverage when writing a policy.
- Ask about discounts – just like any other insurance policy that you have, there are many discounts that are available to help keep the cost of your commercial auto insurance low. Some of the most common discounts are when you pay in full, or bundling with your other commercial insurance policies.
- Remember your credit – insurance companies may look your credit history to help determine your premiums. The better your credit, the better your rates will be. Make sure to ask your agent if your credit history is considered for your premiums, and what is specifically looked at.
For all of your commercial insurance needs, contact the Insurance Agency of Deal Davis in Austin, Texas. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price to fit with your company budget.