New Year’s Safety Tips
As the 2014 year comes to an end, it is the perfect time to get out your party clothes and plan for all of your holiday festivities. No matter how you decide to ring in 2015, it is important to make sure you know how to stay safe. Keep these New Year’s safety tips in mind to ensure that your New Year does not end in disaster or a DUI.
- Have a designated driver – if you have a friend who does not enjoy drinking, ask them to be your designated driver. Make sure that your designated driver stays sober the entire night since just one drink can affect their driving ability.
- Stay close to home – if you live in an area that has plenty of fun restaurants and bars, consider walking to your favorite place. If you do choose to walk, make sure that you wear light colored clothing and follow all of the traffic lights.
- Use public transportation – public transportation is very inexpensive and will take you throughout the city. As an added bonus, many cities offer free public transit on New Year’s Eve.
- Call a cab – if you split the cost of a cab between you and your friends, it will be very cheap. In addition, a cab will pick you up at your house and drop your off at the exact location of your party.
- Look for free services – there are many services that are free on New Year’s Eve to help ensure that you get home safely. AAA offers free rides home in many cities across the country. Call your local AAA to see if you can benefit from a free ride.
All of us at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas would like to wish you and your family a happy and safe New Year, and would like to thank you for allowing us to provide you with all of your insurance needs.More