Usage Based Tracking Systems
Along with the typical discounts that are available to help you save on your auto insurance, many insurance companies are starting to offer usage-based insurance. Instead of using the traditional risk assessment, these discounts will rely on your real driving habits. There are two basics ways in which usage based discounts can work, including:
- Good driving habits – with the installation of a “black box” in your car, certain driving habits and information will be sent to your auto insurance provider, as well as the number of miles that you drive. It will be able to tell your insurance company about the speed that you drive, as well as if you drive at high-risk times.
- Pay by the mile – these discounts are based solely off the number of miles that you drive each day, and no other factors. They are used like a minute based cell phone plan.
These tracking devices have many pros and cons, including:
- Less expensive premiums – just like with any other discount that you take advantage of, these discounts will help you save money on your auto insurance rates.
- Better driving habits – when you know that you are being watched, you are less likely to engage in risky driving habits.
- Overage charges – with the pay by the mile option, you may have to face heavy overage charges if you drive more than you say you will.
- Installation costs and fees – certain programs will come with fees to have the systems installed in your vehicle, and a monthly fee to maintain the system.
For all of your auto insurance needs, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.
Commercial Auto Insurance Minimums
If you have any number of company vehicles, you need to invest in a commercial auto insurance policy, also known as a fleet insurance policy. Just like most states have a minimum amount of coverage required for your personal auto insurance, there is also a minimum amount of coverage needed for your commercial auto insurance policy. Investing in the minimum amount of coverage needed can help to ensure that you and your employees stay safe while on the road.
If you are only looking for the minimum amount of coverage for your company cars, you may have a hard time finding a policy. Many insurance providers will not write a policy that only covers the minimum amount because they take on an increased risk when insuring company cars. While you may have to pay a little extra for your commercial auto insurance policy, it simply means that you have added protection.
Unlike personal auto insurance policies, typical commercial auto insurance policies have a combined single limit. This means that instead of separating liability coverage into personal injury and property damage, it is combined into one limit. These coverage limits typically range from around $500,000 to millions of dollars.
The cost of a commercial auto insurance policy will depend on many factors, including how your vehicles are used and the nature of your business. One of the best ways to help save money on your rates is to compare policies. Working with an independent insurance agent will help to make the process of comparing policies much easier.
For all of your commercial insurance needs, contact the insurance professionals at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. As an independent insurance agency, we will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.
High Risk Insurance Basics
Most people on the road, especially if they have been driving for a long time, have had some type of ticket. However, there are also those drivers who have had multiple or more serious tickets, which can lead to very high insurance rates. High-risk insurance, also known as non-standard insurance, is meant to provide coverage for those drivers who have had multiple run-ins with the law.
There are many situations in which you can be considered a high-risk driver to your auto insurance carrier, including:
- If your license has been revoked or suspended and you require an SR-22 in order to reinstate it. If you need an SR-22 to get back on the road, the Registry of Motor Vehicles will notify you.
- If you are 70 years old or older. Some insurance companies will view entering into your golden years as also making you a high-risk driver.
- If you are 20 years old or younger. Statistics have shown that people who are 20 years old or younger are more likely to get a traffic ticket or be involved in an accident, making you a much higher risk to your insurance company.
- If you have a past history of violations or auto accidents. The more points you have on your record due to past tickets or accidents can cause higher rates for your auto insurance.
- If you have been convicted of a DUI or DWI. Being convicted of a DUI or DWI can lead to serious hikes on your auto insurance, while also qualifying you for high-risk insurance.
For all of your auto insurance needs and to ensure that you are properly protected while on the road, contact the insurance experts at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. We will work with you, no matter your past driving record to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage.
Texas Auto Insurance Basics
Investing in the right auto insurance policy is the best way to ensure that you stay safe while driving. While auto insurance is required across the country, Texas auto insurance is slightly different from most other states. Knowing how to properly navigate Texas auto insurance will help to make sure that you have the right amount of protection while you are behind the wheel.
Even though auto insurance is required, almost 20 percent of all drivers in the state do not have insurance. To help lower the number of uninsured drivers in the state, the Texas Legislature created a verification system for cars known as TexasSure. TexasSure matches a vehicle’s identification number, or VIN to a database that contains all Texas insurance policies. In order to register your car, you have to show your insurance ID card. You also have to show your insurance ID card if you are ever involved in an accident.
There is a minimum amount of auto insurance coverage that is needed in Texas. The minimum amount of bodily injury coverage for one person is $30,000, and $60,000 for any injuries that are sustained by multiple people in the accident. You are also required to carry $25,000 worth of proper damage coverage. While you can get away with only carrying the minimum amount of auto insurance, you should consider investing in more coverage. The more coverage that you have, the better protection you will have whenever you get behind the wheel.
For all of your auto insurance needs and to ensure that you are protected on the road, contact the insurance professionals at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. As an independent insurance company, we will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.
Many people have heard of an SR-22, but not many people know exactly what it is. Luckily, you will not have to deal with an SR-22 as long as you have a safe driving record and do not have any lapses in your auto insurance coverage. Keep these SR-22 basics in mind to ensure that you know what it is if you ever have to use it.
An SR-22 is also known as SR-22 insurance or a Certificate of Financial Responsibility. However, an SR-22 is not an insurance policy, but verification that you have liability coverage for your auto insurance. An SR-22 is a state mandated certificate that your auto insurance provider files with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Most people on the road do not need an SR-22. A person is required to have an SR-22 if they were convicted of a traffic offense or were in an accident and could not show financial responsibility. You will also need an SR-22 if you have a DUI or DWI.
The cost to file an SR-22 is only around $25, but it requires you to show proof of auto insurance. Auto insurance providers consider people with an SR-22 high-risk drivers, so your auto insurance premiums will be much more expensive. Once you get the right auto insurance coverage, your insurance provider will file the SR-22 on your behalf. Keep in mind that if you move to another state, you will have to make sure that your liability limits and SR-22 requirements meet the new minimums in the state.
For all of your auto insurance needs, no matter your situation, contact Dean Davis Insurance in Austin, Texas. As an independent insurance agency, we will work with you to ensure you have the right amount of protection!
While commuting this summer its important to recognize the damage that heat can make on your car. Use these five car tips to prevent your engine from overheating this summer.
- Consider replacing your car battery. After 3 years your battery can become aged and stressed so maintenance is usually necessary.
- Have a mechanic check your cooling service if it hasn’t been looked at in the last two years. Your cooling systems are vital to keep your engine and your air conditioner working well. Lack of maintenance of these systems can be more costly in the long run.
- If your temperature light comes on while you are driving make sure to immediately pull over, turn off the air conditioner, and call roadside assistance. If the light turns off head over to the closest mechanic.
- Check your radiator for any corrosion and make sure to fill it up with fresh coolant for the summer.
- On longer drives, a gallon of water can save you in the event of a radiator leak.
Located in Austin Texas, The Insurance Agency Of Dean Davis believes that your safety and security is important. Contact us today for any of your insurance needs.
By law, all drivers are required to have purchased an auto insurance policy. Your premium is based on a number of different factors such as driving record, type of car, etc. However, there are a number of different ways to cut down on this expense, and reduce your premium while still being fully covered on the road. Here are some money-saving tips that can keep your auto insurance rate from going up:
- Keep your driving record clean. This will make your premium increase, so slow down and put a stop to distracted driving.
- Pay your premium in full or every six months. Paying month-by-month won’t pay off due to installment fees.
- Consider your premium before buying a vehicle. If you purchase a luxury vehicle, your insurance will be higher than a normal sedan.
- Get extra safety features such as anti-lock brakes, or a crash-alert system. This will result in a discount from your insurance company.
- Consider a multi–car discount if your family uses more than one vehicle.
For auto insurance inquiries, go ahead and contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin! Their qualified insurance professionals will be able to assist you with all of your insurance needs!