No matter how busy you get, it is imperative that you conduct basic car maintenance to keep your car running longer. Longevity of your car is directly dependent on the level of attention you give it. Many motorists partake in a few bad habits that can actually decrease a car’s lifespan, including:
- While you may be viewing your failure to regularly wash your car as a simple vanity issue, it is much more dangerous than that. When you wash your car regularly, you prevent oxidized paint, rust, and corrosion. While bird droppings may be ugly on your car, they can actually be extremely damaging to your car as well. We suggest setting a day each month where you at least get all the grime off of your car with a hose.
- Many people fail to give the fluids in their car much needed attention. All fluids including engine oil and coolant can easily be topped off by the average Joe. Simply refer to your owner’s manual to determine exactly how much fluid your car needs.
- While you may be inclined to only worry about your tires when you run over a nail or when your mechanic tells you it is time to replace them, they need much more attention than that. Even new cars require regular upkeep to ensure that the tire pressure is accurate.
- It is important that you change the air filter in your car on a regular basis to maximize both fuel economy and your car’s acceleration performance.
- Make sure that you are giving the belts and hoses of your car attention, and replacing them before their wear down to dangerous levels.
Contact Dean Davis Insurance in Austin for all of your Texas auto insurance needs. With years of experience in Austin auto insurance, we can guarantee that your car will be receiving sufficient coverage all year long.More