From got-your-back navigation tools to the best bathroom-pit-stop finders, download these handy apps!
Does your family have a road trip planned? Perhaps you and your buddies are hitting the open road soon? Whether it’s a spring getaway or a summer vacation, there’s a certain amount of planning that every driver should do.
Before you venture off into the distance, install these apps on your smartphone! Not only can they save you a bundle of time on the road, but it ensures the seamless getaway that you’ve always wanted.
Waze: The king of navigation apps, Waze offers multiple routes, real-time traffic updates, notifications about speed traps, and the power to compare gas station prices around you. It’s updated by regular drivers and is available for iPhone, Android, and Windows phones. If the traffic ahead is predicted to have you sitting on the freeway for hours, the app will automatically re-route you so you avoid it!
Along the Way: This is the perfect guide for planning a trip in an unfamiliar territory. You can find parks, bars, shops, and landmarks along your route without detouring and excessively wandering!
Songza: Limited with your iPod and Pandora’s music station? Songza allows you to search for music and playlists based on your mood, genre, artist, activity, or decade. The playlists can be whittled down to specific feelings (think “driving in the second lane”), so be sure to grab this app for the perfect soundtrack!
H-D Ride Planner: For all those motorcyclists out there, we haven’t forgotten you! Plan your route and select the scenic terrain with this app. It allows you to sync it to your dash-mounted GPS device for easy access and safe riding.
Whatever your road trip plans, be sure to review your auto insurance coverage before heading out on your travels! Securing a reliable policy will keep your family, finances, vehicles covered! Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas today to get started on your policy!
Keep your precious belongings safe with a complete home inventory.
The holiday season has come to a close! With our bellies full of good food, our voices sore from caroling, and our holiday presents stacked high, the aftermath of the holidays involve getting re-organized and back into the swing of things!
Adding your presents to your homeowners insurance policy is a perfect way to start the year and a good excuse to find your new presents a place in the home.
Here are some tips to help you update your home inventory so that your coverage doesn’t have any gaps!
Appraisals: Get your valuable objects appraised! Often, precious metals, stones, and gems increase in value over time. So, if you know you have your grandmother’s ruby ring in a box somewhere, find it and take it to the jeweler! Depending on the value of your items, you may need to extend your coverage or even take out a separate policy.
Digital and Written Inventories: Documenting your belongings will stand you in good stead should you need to replace or receive compensation for the loss of your belongings. When adding items to your inventories, make sure to include a picture or a description of the item as well as other details such as value, brand, model etc. and keep a written list of belongings safe with a digital inventory for extra security.
Storing Your Inventory: Two copies are always better than one. If you lose one copy, you’ll be able to refer to the second one rather than starting from scratch. Consider storing the written copy in a safe-deposit box and back up the digital inventory onto a CD or a memory pen!
A comprehensive home inventory catalogue allows your home and belongings to be recovered, rebuilt and replaced after a loss. Therefore, a full home inventory can help you replace your belongings after a loss, and accurate records make it less likely that there will be a dispute between you and your homeowners insurance company during the claims process.
Contact the insurance professionals at Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas homeowners insurance needs!
Fit your auto insurance coverage (add-ons and all) to your budget and needs!
A typical car insurance policy covers you from having to pay for damages that you cause. However, for truly personalized coverage which protects you from all sorts of accidents and financial hardships, auto insurance add-ons are available.
When comparing auto insurance policies and add-on coverage, the cheapest policies tend to be the ones without added bells and whistles. However, drivers should be an advocate of getting the right level of cover at the right price, rather than opting for the cheapest, most minimal policies.
Here’s a run-down of the extras most commonly offered, so that you can work out your desired coverage!
Accident forgiveness – For those who are normally a great driver and rarely file a claim, this is for you! Some insurance companies will provide those who are qualified with forgiveness for accidents that rarely occur.
Small claim forgiveness – Small claims, such as fender benders, can increase your auto insurance rate. In the spirit of forgiveness, this coverage means that your rate even if you file a small claim.
Loss of use – Anyone who has been without their car after an accident knows the frustration of using public transport and taxi cabs. This coverage reimburses your expenses that you face when your car is getting repaired or replaced.
Personal umbrella – Personal liability umbrella insurance supplements the liability coverage you already have on your auto and homeowners policies, providing an extra layer of coverage.
Towing & roadside assistance – Avoid the heart-sinking feeling of breaking down on the side of the road with no means of help. Your auto insurance policy can provide you with a tow truck that will transport you and your car to a mechanic, locksmith services, battery “jump starting”, delivery of fuel, and other repairs that can be fixed on the side of the road (literally)!
Rental car reimbursement – If you need a rental vehicle after an accident, your policy can foot the bill of the cost of the rental car so that you don’t have to be without your car and money!
Extended customized equipment coverage – If your ride has a new stereo system, subwoofer, chrome rims, spinners, or a similar feature, you may not be covered if they’re damaged or stolen. With this coverage, you can protect this equipment!
Talk to your independent insurance agency today to customize your auto insurance policy so that you can cruise the roads, protected! Contact Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for your Austin, Texas insurance needs!
Resolve to be smarter with your insurance policies and coverage in the upcoming year.
The impending new year is a time when many people pledge to lose weight, save more money, and become more organized! However, mid-year (or mid-January, depending on how determined you are), exercise equipment gathers dust and bank savings are depleted. These are familiar signs of the way New Year’s resolutions are often quickly abandoned!
There are a few resolutions that you’ll not only want to make but be cautious about – insurance policies! With a review of your insurance policies, you can highlight ways to save money, gaps in coverage, to become better protected, and have faultless peace of mind!
To make 2016 your best year yet, here are some New Year’s resolutions to help you fine-tune your insurance policies:
Check to See if You Qualify for Discounts to Lower Your Premium
Premiums are calculated on the level of risk an insurance company must take to provide you with coverage, but there are steps you may be able to take to reduce those risks.
- Auto insurance: If your teen driver uses your car, they could qualify for a Good Student Discount. If you’re a good driver, you may qualify for Good Driver Discount.
- Homeowners insurance: Even installing a burglar alarm can lower your premiums!
- Life insurance: Have you recently quit smoking? You may find that this lowers your monthly payout.
Make/Update Your Home Inventory
A comprehensive home inventory catalogue allows your home and belongings to be recovered, rebuilt and replaced after a loss. Include your precious presents that you received over the holidays in your homeowners insurance for protection.
Patch Up Gaps in Coverage
One of the quickest ways to make your heart sink is to file a claim after a loss then find out that you don’t have the right coverage. Certain high-value items exceed homeowners insurance coverage, leaving them vulnerable. Some damages to your home are excluded in your homeowners insurance: flood and earthquake damages. Talk to your local insurance agent to see where your gaps in coverage are!
A New Year is a new start and a time to start over. Committing yourself to these resolutions can help provide you with the peace of mind, protection, and save you money! Contact Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas for your insurance needs!
Life Insurance Savings
Life insurance can be one of the most confusing insurance policies to buy. However, it is also one of the most important since it will provide financial coverage for your loved ones when you are gone. To start saving money on life insurance while protecting your family, take the time to compare these life insurance features.
- Coverage options – not every life insurance company will offer the same policies with the same features. Getting quotes from various companies will help you decide which coverage options will work best for your needs.
- Discounts – one o the best ways to save on your life insurance policy is to take advantage of all the discounts that you can qualify for. Different life insurance companies will offer different discounts, so talk with your insurance agent to find out which company will offer the best discounts for your specific situation.
- Company reputation – one of the main deciding factors when choosing a life insurance policy should be the reputation of the company. A life insurance company with an unreliable reputation may lead to unpaid claims or a lack of coverage when needed. Look at the company’s rating with the Better Business Bureau and check customer reviews.
- Lowest cost – if you find a few life insurance policies that meet all of your needs from reputable insurance companies, go with the one with the lowest cost. There is no reason that you should have to pay more for the same amount of coverage and options when you can get it for a lower price.
For help finding the right life insurance policy that will meet your needs, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas. As an independent insurance company, we will work with you to make sure that you have the protection that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.
Home Insurance Factors
Your homeowners insurance policy is most likely one of the most important insurance policies you have since it protects your most valuable assets – your house. To ensure that your home insurance is working best to protect your house and assets, take the time to fully understand these policy factors.
- Deductible – your deductible is the amount that you will have to pay out of your pocket before your coverage will kick in. Choose a deductible that you can comfortably afford at any moment in case of an accident.
- Premiums – this is the amount that you will pay for your coverage each month. One of the best ways to keep your premium affordable is to choose the highest deductible that you can comfortably afford.
- Discounts – just like all of your other insurance policies, there are plenty of discounts that are available to help lower the cost of your policy. Talk with your insurance agent to see if you are taking advantage of all the discounts that you qualify for.
- Liability limits – your liability coverage will provide coverage for any legal fees that you incur when someone is injured while at your house. Make sure that your liability limits are high enough to protect all of your assets.
- Exclusions – even though your home insurance policy will provide coverage for many situations, it will not provide coverage for everything. Knowing what is excluded will help you figure out if you need additional insurance policies to stay protected.
- Renewal period – typical homeowners insurance policies will need to be renewed either annually or bi-annually. Choose the option that will work best for your finances and needs.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas to ensure that your homeowners insurance policy is working its best to keep your home and family safe.
Thwart Thieves With This Guide
Your home provides refuge from the world. It safeguards you against storms, keeps pests away, and provides a safe location for you to store all of your personal property. That is, until a thief breaks into your home. To ensure your home continues to be a place of safe keeping, use these tips for increasing your security as a homeowner.
- Keep It Clean: The more overhanging tree limbs, overgrown shrubbery, and untrimmed gardens you have on your property, the more hiding places you offer to thieves who are hoping to get a closer look at your house without getting spotted. Not only will keeping your landscaping trimmed keep your home looking tidy, it will also deter thieves.
- Install An Alarm: A home security system can offer you significant peace of mind. It will bring the police to your home if triggered, making sure you get an immediate response if you do face a robbery. Plus, installing this kind of system can help you save on your homeowners insurance!
- Strengthen Windows: Breakable glass provides an easy point of entry for a determined burglar. Consider installing shatterproof glass or at least adding security film to your windows to make it more difficult for thieves to gain entry through your windows. While thinking about your glass, pop a security bar in your sliding door, too.
Unfortunately, even with all of these efforts a tricky thief might make it into your home. Would your homeowners insurance be enough to protect your quality of life after a major theft? To talk to the Austin experts about your coverage, contact Dean Davis Insurance. The entire team at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis is ready to help you get the right Texas homeowners insurance policy so that theft never has to worry your family.