Optimize your driving to cut down on gas station stops!
Whether you’re preparing for a road trip of a lifetime, have implemented a strict fuel budget, or simply want to slash your petrol station stops in half, there are some simple tricks to increase your fuel efficiency!
Not only does making the most out of your fuel save money, but it betters the environment! By reducing your carbon footprint, you can work to make your lifestyle a little ‘greener’.
No one likes paying an arm and a leg at the petrol pump, so put these tips into practice today!
- Avoid driving at high speeds – Driving at 62 mph rather than 75 mph reduces fuel consumption by about 15 percent.
- Stop hard braking – Instead, leave plenty of room in front of you and the car ahead, and lay off the accelerator to slowly reduce your speed, before applying the brake.
- Optimize your tires – Keep tire pressure at the level recommended by your vehicle manufacturer, as under-inflated tires can cause your fuel efficiency to drop.
- Use A/C sparingly – When the air conditioner is on, it puts extra pressure on the engine, forcing up to 20 percent of fuel to be consumed.
- Use cruise control – Maintaining a constant speed over long distances will save gas!
- Avoid long idles – Instead of leaving your car on for 10 minutes, turn your car off. Restarting the car uses less fuel than letting it idle.
These tips will allow you to keep more money in your wallet! When looking for more ways on how you can save, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis. Our professionals can tailor a quality auto insurance policy to you in Austin, Texas today!More