Finding the right commercial auto insurance policy for your Austin, TX home business.
More and more people are starting their own home-based businesses, helping to change the way that the business world runs. Before you decide to open your own business at your house, it is important to make sure that you know what it means for your insurance coverage. Keep these commercial auto insurance for home businesses considerations in mind to ensure that you have the right amount of protection.
Many home-based business owners assume that their existing car insurance policy will provide coverage when they are using their car for business purposes. No matter if you are making deliveries or visiting clients, your current auto insurance policy will most likely not be able to provide any type of protection in case you are in an accident.
In some cases, you may be able to add a rider onto your existing auto insurance policy to provide coverage while using your car for work. However, this is typically only the case if you make the occasional delivery or client visit. If your vehicle is a vital part of your business, such as if you run a shuttle service, you will need a specific commercial auto insurance policy.
If you are trying to sneak by without telling your insurance company about your home-based business, you may find yourself in even more trouble. If you make a claim to your personal auto insurance company and they find out that you were using your vehicle for business purposes, they may deny your claim, which can mean you will have to cover all of the damages out of your own pocket. They may also cancel your policy, leaving you without any type of coverage.
To ensure that you have the right commercial auto insurance policy for your home based business, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas.
Since you spent months, maybe even years, searching for the home of your dreams, it only makes sense to protect that beautiful home with a comprehensive homeowners’ insurance policy. Many homeowners are surprised to find out that there are a variety of factors that increase the premium rates of their homeowners’ insurance policy, including:
- Insurance companies will likely raise your rates if you have one of the famous attractive, but dangerous nuisances in your home. These include swimming pools, dogs, trampolines, zip lines, tree houses, and more. Sadly, the commonality of dog bite claims means you will likely have a spike in your homeowners’ insurance premium if you adopt a furry friend. Likewise, the amount of pool accidents that occur each year is astoundingly high, therefore, expect a bump in your premium.
- If you decide to conduct a home renovation project with questionable structural design, you may notice an increase in your homeowners’ insurance premium. This may include a wood burning stove or risky wiring.
- If you conduct business from your home, you will likely see an increase in your premium. Depending on your particular business operations of your home-based business, you may even need to purchase a separate insurance policy all together for coverage.
- If you have any particularly expensive assets on your hands, such as collectable art or high-end jewelry, you may need additional insurance for coverage. Those expensive items put you at risk for burglaries and will influence your insurance premium.
- Neighborhood trends may also affect how much you pay for your homeowners’ insurance. For instance, if multiple homes in your neighborhood are burglarized this summer, your home becomes more of a risk.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas homeowners’ insurance needs. As your biggest investment, your home deserves comprehensive protection. Allow us to provide you with the peace of mind knowing your home is receiving the best coverage.