All Posts tagged inc.

Taking a home inventory just got easier, there’s an app for that!

In the past, it has always been difficult for homeowners to keep track of the insured items within their home. However, a recently developed app will make taking a home inventory extremely easy. Taking a home inventory is very important for homeowners because it will affect their claim in the event of damage to their personal property. The home inventory application, called Nest Egg, is available for all iOS devices and allows the tracking and logging of all of the items that a household has.

To use the application, the homeowner simply needs to add items through its easy to use interface. The application sorts the items by category, and allows them to be edited or deleted as necessary. The application can track the serial number and manufacturer’s numbers of each item, which ensures that all of the information that is necessary for an insurance claim will be available. Those that don’t want to enter this information manually can actually use the application to scan bar codes, which will automatically fill the input fields.

Those with more questions about taking a home inventory or homeowner’s insurance can contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, Inc.


Can my Babysitter Drive my Car?

If you are worried about whether your babysitter is covered under your auto insurance policy, you need to read through the details of your policy. In general, any driver in your vehicle is covered as long as you give permission to the driver.

Short-term Trips

If you want your babysitter to drive your children occasionally, then you do not need to adjust your coverage. The basic policy will cover the babysitter or any other driver that you have given formal permission to drive your car. For short-term needs, it is completely legal and most insurance policies will allow other drivers to operate your vehicle.

Long-term Needs

If you need an adult to drive your children on a regular basis, then it might be necessary to add the individual to your policy. A babysitter or nanny who is a primary driver or who drives regularly must be properly insured to provide the best protection for your vehicle, children and the driver.

Allowing others to drive your car is legal as long as you have given formal permission, but you will need to get additional coverage if the driver operates the car on a regular basis. To learn more about auto coverage in Austin, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis Inc.


The Different Types Of Life Insurance

Life insurance is extremely important, but some people may not realize that there are different types of life insurance, too. Each type of life insurance is applicable to different situations, which means that a policy holder may want to consult in-depth with their life insurance agent regarding their personal needs and the needs of their family. The three types of common life insurance policy are term life insurance, whole life insurance and universal life insurance.

Term life insurance provides the policy holder with a fixed amount of coverage for a fixed period of time, otherwise known as a term. This means that the policy holder might actually outlive their policy and need to purchase another one, and this is especially possible today as people are living longer. Whole life insurance provides the person with coverage up until the age of 100, and universal life insurance is a mix between both insurance types. The actual premiums on these insurance packages will vary depending on age, associated risk factors and the types of benefits and coverage being requested.

Those with more questions about the different types of life insurance can contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, Inc.


Traveling this summer? Review your RV insurance before you get on the road!

Families that are traveling long distances in a recreational vehicle through Summer 2013 may want to make sure they have the correct auto insurance coverage. RV coverage involves many different factors, and there are a lot of things that might happen during a long trip. RV insurance doesn’t just cover accidents, it can also cover necessary repairs such as road-side assistance when tires blow out. Not having the needed road-side assistance could lead to some serious delays in a family’s travel itinerary, and might even necessitate some skipped stops.

Families traveling by RV should make sure that they have coverage for the RV itself, but they might also want passenger insurance to cover any injuries that occur to those within the RV as well. This means that, in the event there is an accident, the family members and friends traveling within the vehicle will have help with any potential medical costs. RV insurance should also cover the cost of any damages incurred to another motor vehicle. This ensures that the family is not liable for anything that happens by accident on the road.

More questions about RV insurance and auto insurance can be directed to the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, Inc.


What do I do if I need to file a claim?

Filing an insurance claim may seem intimidating, but it really isn’t all that difficult. Insurance claims need to be filed the second they become applicable. The longer that one waits for an insurance claim the harder it will be to file the claim. In addition, many insurance providers will not allow a claim if it exceeds a certain amount of time. This means that it is absolutely vital for an insured individual to get on the phone with their insurance company the second that they need to. Most insurance claims can be completed either over the phone or online. Some insurance providers even have mobile applications that will allow insured individuals to take pictures related to the claim and to file the claim immediately.

All an insured person usually needs to do to file a claim is to speak with their insurance representative as soon as possible and follow their directions. If the insured person is going through an independent insurance agency they can call their agent to ask for further advice.

Those with more questions about how to file insurance claims can contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, Inc.


Looking to Make your House Look Occupied While You’re Out of Town? Here Are a Few Tips!

When you are going out of town, it is important to take steps to make your house look occupied. Even though your home insurance will repair any damage to your property and may cover many of your belongings, it is better to take measures to prevent a theft before you leave.

Stop the Newspaper

A clear giveaway that you are out of town is piled up papers outside the door. Stop your papers to make it look like an occupied home.

Timed Lights

Put a timer on your lights to turn them on and off throughout the day. It will make it look like someone is in the house, which reduces you chances of a break-in.

Friend’s Car

While you are away, ask a close friend or family member to park their car in your parking space or driveway for a few hours every day or two.

If you are trying to make your home look occupied while you are away on business, a vacation or any other trip, you need to take appropriate steps. To learn more about your options in Austin, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis Inc.