With all the excitement that comes with having your own pool to use during the hot summer months, it can be easy to forget about swimming pool safety guidelines and liability! However, these things are important, and as pool-owners, should be revisited yearly. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Construct a 4 foot tall fence around your pool to keep users out when you are not around.
- Keep a list of emergency numbers, and a CPR instruction booklet near the pool area in case there is an emergency.
- Secure a location for the keeping of a first aid kit.
- Never swim alone, and always keep your eye on children and small pets in the pool area.
- Never bring glass items, or electronics into the pool area.
- If you have children who are older, enroll them in a basic first aid and CPR course.
- Do not let anyone swim in your pool if you are a weak swimmer.
For questions about pool insurance, or any other form of insurance, go ahead and contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin!More