Get ahead of burglars and minimize theft risks in your home!
When one thinks of home thefts, it’s natural to think of burglars carefully targeting your home to strip it of all of your prized possessions – from your new 3D TV to your expensive diamond jewelry. However, it’s important to remember that not all thefts take place while you’re sleeping! In fact, most home robberies are a result of an unexpected opportunity for a thief.
Eliminate your vision of a masked burglar creeping into your home in the dead of night! If your home door is left wide open, anyone can nip in and take anything that they’d like.
To help you protect your vulnerable and sought-out items, here is a list of the top 10 most stolen items within the home:
- Bicycles! – Take photos of your bike and make a note of any numbers that it may have. This will make it easier to track down!
- Cell phones – Ensure that all passcodes and safety features are turned on.
- Power tools – Keep these locked away in a shed or in the garage.
- Laptops – Never leave your laptop in plain sight! Store it in a drawer if necessary.
- Tablets – Store these away, out of sight, safely.
- Cameras – Invest in a quality bag to protect it and hide it away.
- Golfing equipment – Store these in a cupboard or in the garage.
- Gardening tools – These should be kept behind a locked shed or garage door.
- Audio equipment – Store these away safely and always note serial numbers and model numbers.
- TVs – Keep your doors locked at any time!
For added protection of your home and belongings, install a burglar alarm or add an extra security light. So that you are never without your expensive and much-loved items, review your homeowners insurance policy in Austin, Texas to ensure that you are covered!More