Teens and Auto Insurance
Watching your teenager drive off for the first time after they get their driver’s license can easily make you very nervous as a parent. You may also be shocked when it comes time to pay your auto insurance premium. Since teens are considered high risk drivers, they have some of the highest car insurance rates. If you are looking for the best way to keep your teen driver protected without emptying your bank account, keep these considerations in mind.
- Know when to add your teen to your policy – depending on your insurance company, your current auto insurance coverage may provide enough protection while your teen has their permit. You may only have to specifically add them to your policy once they pass their driver’s test. If you can, you may want to hold off as long as possible to add your auto insurance policy to help keep your rates low.
- Know what to do if you forgot – different insurance companies will automatically add your teen to your auto insurance policy when they get their license, which means that they will be covered if they have an accident. To ensure that you are safe and your claims will not be denied, make sure to call your insurance agent as soon as your teenager gets their license.
- Consider their own policy – instead of adding your teen to your existing policy, you have the option to put them on their own policy. While this will keep the cost of your coverage low, it will make their policy very expensive since they cannot take advantage of any of the discounts that you have. Ask your insurance agent what the rates will be with both options to decide which is best for you.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas for all for all of your auto insurance needs for your teen driver.
Since you spent months, maybe even years, searching for the home of your dreams, it only makes sense to protect that beautiful home with a comprehensive homeowners’ insurance policy. Many homeowners are surprised to find out that there are a variety of factors that increase the premium rates of their homeowners’ insurance policy, including:
- Insurance companies will likely raise your rates if you have one of the famous attractive, but dangerous nuisances in your home. These include swimming pools, dogs, trampolines, zip lines, tree houses, and more. Sadly, the commonality of dog bite claims means you will likely have a spike in your homeowners’ insurance premium if you adopt a furry friend. Likewise, the amount of pool accidents that occur each year is astoundingly high, therefore, expect a bump in your premium.
- If you decide to conduct a home renovation project with questionable structural design, you may notice an increase in your homeowners’ insurance premium. This may include a wood burning stove or risky wiring.
- If you conduct business from your home, you will likely see an increase in your premium. Depending on your particular business operations of your home-based business, you may even need to purchase a separate insurance policy all together for coverage.
- If you have any particularly expensive assets on your hands, such as collectable art or high-end jewelry, you may need additional insurance for coverage. Those expensive items put you at risk for burglaries and will influence your insurance premium.
- Neighborhood trends may also affect how much you pay for your homeowners’ insurance. For instance, if multiple homes in your neighborhood are burglarized this summer, your home becomes more of a risk.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas homeowners’ insurance needs. As your biggest investment, your home deserves comprehensive protection. Allow us to provide you with the peace of mind knowing your home is receiving the best coverage.