Optimize your driving to cut down on gas station stops!
Whether you’re preparing for a road trip of a lifetime, have implemented a strict fuel budget, or simply want to slash your petrol station stops in half, there are some simple tricks to increase your fuel efficiency!
Not only does making the most out of your fuel save money, but it betters the environment! By reducing your carbon footprint, you can work to make your lifestyle a little ‘greener’.
No one likes paying an arm and a leg at the petrol pump, so put these tips into practice today!
- Avoid driving at high speeds – Driving at 62 mph rather than 75 mph reduces fuel consumption by about 15 percent.
- Stop hard braking – Instead, leave plenty of room in front of you and the car ahead, and lay off the accelerator to slowly reduce your speed, before applying the brake.
- Optimize your tires – Keep tire pressure at the level recommended by your vehicle manufacturer, as under-inflated tires can cause your fuel efficiency to drop.
- Use A/C sparingly – When the air conditioner is on, it puts extra pressure on the engine, forcing up to 20 percent of fuel to be consumed.
- Use cruise control – Maintaining a constant speed over long distances will save gas!
- Avoid long idles – Instead of leaving your car on for 10 minutes, turn your car off. Restarting the car uses less fuel than letting it idle.
These tips will allow you to keep more money in your wallet! When looking for more ways on how you can save, contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis. Our professionals can tailor a quality auto insurance policy to you in Austin, Texas today!
Auto Insurance Saving Tips
Any time you can save money in your daily life it can help you be more financially secure. While cutting down on the number of lattes you buy each week can help to pad your savings account, taking a look at your car insurance policy to see if you can shave off any expenses can help to save you even more. Keep these cost reducing auto insurance tips in mind to help you save some green this spring.
- Shut your sunroof – opening your sunroof while you are driving around is a great way to take advantage of the spring weather. However, leaving it open while your car is parked can leave you vulnerable to interior damage. If you do not have comprehensive coverage with your auto insurance, you will be left paying for the damages out of your own pocket. Even if you do have comprehensive coverage, you may still be liable for the damages. Keeping your sunroof closed while you are parked can help you avoid any damage.
- Check your mileage – the more miles you drive each year, the higher your auto insurance premiums can be, since you are more likely to be involved in an accident the more you are on the road. If you have significantly cut down on your yearly miles, such as if you retired and no longer have to commute to work, you may be able to drop your auto insurance rates.
- Raise your deductible – like most of your other insurance policies, the higher your deductible, the lower your monthly premiums. However, keep in mind that you will have to pay your monthly premiums out of your own pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in, so choose a deductible that you can afford.
For all of your auto insurance needs, contact the insurance experts at Dean Davis Insurance in Austin, Texas.
Your Guide To Saving On Life Insurance
Life insurance is one of the most important insurance policies available. It is meant to provide a financial cushion for your loved ones after you are gone. Unfortunately, many people skip out on life insurance to help save a little money. Keep these tips in mind to help you save money with your life insurance policy.
- Buy early – the earlier you invest in a life insurance policy, the less expensive it will be, which means thousands of dollars of saving over the life of the policy. When you are younger, healthier, and do not have any dependents, a life insurance policy will be much less expensive.
- Pay annually – when paying your premiums for your life insurance policy, you will have the opportunity to pay the premiums for the entire year at once. Most insurance companies will provide a discount on your premium if you choose to pay it in full for the whole year.
- Get healthy – the healthier you are, the less you will have to pay for your life insurance premiums since you are not considered a high risk to the insurance company. Life insurance companies will take any of your health issues into consideration when deciding on your premiums. If you have any chronic illnesses, you will have to pay more for your policy.
- Look for volume discounts – some insurance companies will charge lower rates for larger insurance policies. By simply increasing your amount of coverage, you may be able to save on your premiums. Make sure to ask your insurance agent if it would be less expensive to raise your coverage.
Contact the insurance experts at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas for all of your life insurance policies. As an independent insurance company, we will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of protection at the right price.
Keeping your new home maintained may seem like a no brainer but it’s something that many homeowners forget to keep up. Maintaining your home now can actually help you save money by preventing costly damages that aren’t covered by home insurance. Here six easy ways to keep your home maintained on a budget.
- Clean out your vents and filters. A new air conditioner can cost up to thousands of dollars. Make sure to clear away lint and buy low cost filters regularly.
- Drain your water heater and pump your septic tanks. Watch over your water appliances to prevent leakage and sewage backup.
- Check your smoke and security alarms. Putting new batteries in will save you in the event of an emergency.
- Clean the coils in your refrigerator. Cleaning out these coils located at the base of your fridge will keep your fridge running for longer.
- Keep your carpets clean. Mold growth isn’t covered by your insurance so hire a professional to deep clean your carpets at least once a year.
- Check for holes and leaks in your housing. Holes and cracks can lead to a higher energy bill and can leave you vulnerable.
Located in Austin Texas, The Insurance Agency Of Dean Davis believes that your safety and security is important. Contact us today for any of your insurance needs.