Falling asleep after a stressful day is sometimes harder than it sounds. Luckily, there are plenty of tasty foods that can help bring on slumber.
- Walnuts – these tasty nuts contain tryptophan, which is a sleep-enhancing amino acid that helps make serotonin and melatonin.
- Cheese and crackers – this tasty snack contains calcium, which helps the brain use the tryptophan found in dairy to manufacture sleep-triggering melatonin.
- Chamomile tea – sipping tea is associated with an increase of glycine, a chemical that relaxes nerves and muscles and acts like a mild sedative.
- Shrimp and lobster – treating yourself to one of these tasty crustaceans for dinner may help bring on an easier sleep since they are a good source of tryptophan.
- Elk – this delicious game meat has almost twice the amount of tryptophan than turkey breast, allowing you to nod off more easily.
- Cereal – having breakfast for dinner is not only a wonderful way to end your day, but the combination of carbohydrates, from the cereal, and calcium, from the milk, can help you sleep better.
Eating these foods before bedtime can help you achieve better sleep and start you on your way to healthy living. The Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin, Texas, urges you to find little ways, such as these to achieve a healthy lifestyle and to contact them for all your insurance needs.More