Before you install a pool in your back garden, ensure that you’re adding up all of the expenses involved.
Although we’re only in February, the summer will be here before we know it! Here in Austin, Texas, our summer temperatures have been known to skyrocket, causing exhaustive heat to all of us.
Many homeowners are already preparing to cool off in the summer sun by installing a new pool, now! A pool provides summer enjoyment, a perfect way to cool down, and is viable in almost any back garden! What’s not to love, you ask? Despite the fun a pool brings, it also entails a stack of bills and expenses.
Before you start redecorating the backyard and hiring contractors, take a look at some of the costs that a swimming pool brings.
- Installation – Your location, pool size, materials, and more can affect the price tag. This can cost anywhere from $25,000 to $50,000.
- Insurance premium – Quite simply, your liability risk increases as guests can injure themselves while using your pool. Even if someone doesn’t have permission to use your pool, you can still be held liable.
- Home value – When looking to resell your home, a pool attracts those who love pools and those who don’t want the upkeep of the pool or have concerns for kids. In short, you shouldn’t add a pool to your home to add value.
- Upkeep – Even when your pool is up and running, costs will continue. These costs include chemicals, equipment, resurfacing, a utility bill increase, and professionals to fix issues.
- Whole new world – To deck out your pool, you may decide to add lounge chairs, a new BBQ, pool toys, lighting, new landscaping… The list can go on!
If a pool is financially feasible for you, it’s a great way to make lasting memories with family and friends! For the best homeowners insurance that is tailored to your home and finances, contact the Insurance Agency in Dean Davis, located in Austin, Texas!
Ice Cream Festival
There is no better way to cool down during the summer season than with a delicious ice cream cone, and there is no better place to enjoy that ice cream than at the 9th Annual Austin Ice Cream Festival!
This weekend, on August 8th, head out to Fiesta Gardens to enjoy all that this local event has to offer. Entry into the event is just $10, and gives you access to free ice cream! Bring the whole family out from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. and try some of the most delicious ice creams available.
Along with the ice cold treats to enjoy, there will also be contests on site. If you have a favorite ice cream recipe that you think is the best in the area, you will not want to miss out on the Homemade Ice Cream Making Contest. Simply bring your own ice cream to the festival and see how you stack up against other ice cream makers. If you are looking for something more creative, then get ready for the Popsicle Stick Sculpture Contest. You have the option to build your creation at home and bring it to the festival, or make it on the grounds. You can use your own decorations and adhesives, but the main building material has to be popsicle sticks.
The Austin Ice Cream Festival has had the privilege to donate to many local charities and organizations in the area, including Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Austin Children’s Shelter, Habibis Hutch, and much more.
All of us at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis in Austin, Texas would like to invite you and your family out to enjoy this local event!
Since you spent months, maybe even years, searching for the home of your dreams, it only makes sense to protect that beautiful home with a comprehensive homeowners’ insurance policy. Many homeowners are surprised to find out that there are a variety of factors that increase the premium rates of their homeowners’ insurance policy, including:
- Insurance companies will likely raise your rates if you have one of the famous attractive, but dangerous nuisances in your home. These include swimming pools, dogs, trampolines, zip lines, tree houses, and more. Sadly, the commonality of dog bite claims means you will likely have a spike in your homeowners’ insurance premium if you adopt a furry friend. Likewise, the amount of pool accidents that occur each year is astoundingly high, therefore, expect a bump in your premium.
- If you decide to conduct a home renovation project with questionable structural design, you may notice an increase in your homeowners’ insurance premium. This may include a wood burning stove or risky wiring.
- If you conduct business from your home, you will likely see an increase in your premium. Depending on your particular business operations of your home-based business, you may even need to purchase a separate insurance policy all together for coverage.
- If you have any particularly expensive assets on your hands, such as collectable art or high-end jewelry, you may need additional insurance for coverage. Those expensive items put you at risk for burglaries and will influence your insurance premium.
- Neighborhood trends may also affect how much you pay for your homeowners’ insurance. For instance, if multiple homes in your neighborhood are burglarized this summer, your home becomes more of a risk.
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis for all of your Austin, Texas homeowners’ insurance needs. As your biggest investment, your home deserves comprehensive protection. Allow us to provide you with the peace of mind knowing your home is receiving the best coverage.
As the summer months approach, pesky critters are beginning to seek shelter in our homes to escape the hot temperatures. These pests may come with a hefty price tag when trying to erase their existence from our homes. Here are some simple ways to prevent spending a fortune this summer on pest control:
- Dry out the damp parts of your home such as the kitchen, and attic. Carpenter ants, and roaches love damp environments, so fix those leaky sinks and keep your animal’s water dish outside.
- Move your firewood stash away from your home’s walls. Bugs like termites and stinkbugs like to sneak through under the cracks.
- If your neighbors have noticed recent ant or termite attacks, hire an inspector to make sure yours is clear.
- If you are just dealing with a few roaches or wasps here and there, don’t waste money on a professional exterminator. Sprinkle a mixture of boric acid powder, and insecticidal soaps around the areas you usually see critters.
For any questions about auto, home, and life insurance go ahead and contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis, located in Austin!