Get ahead of burglars and minimize theft risks in your home!
When one thinks of home thefts, it’s natural to think of burglars carefully targeting your home to strip it of all of your prized possessions – from your new 3D TV to your expensive diamond jewelry. However, it’s important to remember that not all thefts take place while you’re sleeping! In fact, most home robberies are a result of an unexpected opportunity for a thief.
Eliminate your vision of a masked burglar creeping into your home in the dead of night! If your home door is left wide open, anyone can nip in and take anything that they’d like.
To help you protect your vulnerable and sought-out items, here is a list of the top 10 most stolen items within the home:
- Bicycles! – Take photos of your bike and make a note of any numbers that it may have. This will make it easier to track down!
- Cell phones – Ensure that all passcodes and safety features are turned on.
- Power tools – Keep these locked away in a shed or in the garage.
- Laptops – Never leave your laptop in plain sight! Store it in a drawer if necessary.
- Tablets – Store these away, out of sight, safely.
- Cameras – Invest in a quality bag to protect it and hide it away.
- Golfing equipment – Store these in a cupboard or in the garage.
- Gardening tools – These should be kept behind a locked shed or garage door.
- Audio equipment – Store these away safely and always note serial numbers and model numbers.
- TVs – Keep your doors locked at any time!
For added protection of your home and belongings, install a burglar alarm or add an extra security light. So that you are never without your expensive and much-loved items, review your homeowners insurance policy in Austin, Texas to ensure that you are covered!
Contact the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis to talk to a professional who can secure your home and budget with the quality homeowners insurance it deserves!
Thwart Thieves With This Guide
Your home provides refuge from the world. It safeguards you against storms, keeps pests away, and provides a safe location for you to store all of your personal property. That is, until a thief breaks into your home. To ensure your home continues to be a place of safe keeping, use these tips for increasing your security as a homeowner.
- Keep It Clean: The more overhanging tree limbs, overgrown shrubbery, and untrimmed gardens you have on your property, the more hiding places you offer to thieves who are hoping to get a closer look at your house without getting spotted. Not only will keeping your landscaping trimmed keep your home looking tidy, it will also deter thieves.
- Install An Alarm: A home security system can offer you significant peace of mind. It will bring the police to your home if triggered, making sure you get an immediate response if you do face a robbery. Plus, installing this kind of system can help you save on your homeowners insurance!
- Strengthen Windows: Breakable glass provides an easy point of entry for a determined burglar. Consider installing shatterproof glass or at least adding security film to your windows to make it more difficult for thieves to gain entry through your windows. While thinking about your glass, pop a security bar in your sliding door, too.
Unfortunately, even with all of these efforts a tricky thief might make it into your home. Would your homeowners insurance be enough to protect your quality of life after a major theft? To talk to the Austin experts about your coverage, contact Dean Davis Insurance. The entire team at the Insurance Agency of Dean Davis is ready to help you get the right Texas homeowners insurance policy so that theft never has to worry your family.